Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what showed up this just now!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Am I the only one who thinks that is still a relatively young deer? Not much mass on the beams, his gut is still tight etc. He is nice, but I bet there are bigger in the same area. Next year he would likely be a great deer. But I recognize that it all depends on how many you have seen and shot. So good luck to the original poster.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    I don’t really know how I wanna play it...was thinking putting out some doe estrous and buck urine. Maybe a bit of rattling and some light grunts. Maybe just shut up and hope he flies by again. I’m not to sure. I never had him in daylight
    I know how you should play this, you stay at work and out of my own goodwill I'll sit in your stand and try different things out so you don't have to stress LOL on a serious note nice buck, let us know if he stays consistent
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hahahahahaha....no no I’m going after him. He’s at least 4. I’ve seen him at 2,3,4 now. He might be 5 even but he will definitely be the biggest buck our group ever got if we run into him again.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

great looking buck good luck!!!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

My youngest brother hasn’t got a deer in 6 years so I’m gunna put him on that stand and try n get him.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    My youngest brother hasn’t got a deer in 6 years so I’m gunna put him on that stand and try n get him.
    aww shucks real nice of ya marky. reminds me of that buck commander video on youtube with tombo and his buddy nice fighting over who will shoot the deer.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I would be cautious about using synthetic doe estrus and buck scent. In my opinion the older deer know the difference between the fake stuff and the real thing. just my 0.02 cents. Ive even seen some fawns run from the fake stuff.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

So the buck came back again at 3pm yesterday. I got into the stand at 4pm....my brother is hunting the stand all day now. The buck was on camera 10 yards from his stand.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Good luck!
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

It'll be a great end to the thread if you or your brother get him.

One strategy to try is both of you go in together sometime, one of you get into the stand and settled, the other then walks back out. If that deer has patterned you or has been staying close enough to your stand to hear your comings and goings, he'll think you've come and gone and might make his last mistake.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast