Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: American hunting shows

  1. #31
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I like Randy Newberg on Youtube. He keeps it down to earth, has a lot of fun and sometimes get lucky enough to shoot something.
    Solo Hntr channel is also pretty good.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #32
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Another vote for The Hunting Public on Youtube. It is as real of whitetail hunting as you will see on TV, they travel all over the country (although it is the states), and they show everything not just the success. It is very authentic and quite entertaining and informative at the same time. Cut from the same cloth is the Hunting Beast Youtube channel although the video quality is not the same. They still do a great job actually teaching and have a unique perspective on hunting pressured deer.

  4. #33
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I watch Driven and Duryís hunting show. Itís not like itís high fence hunting on those shows. But I do enjoy watching Canadian content. Especially when itís in Ontario. Iíve recently got into listening to pod casts. One show I really like is Big Woods Bucks & Bear Hunting Magazine.


    Dustin

  5. #34
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CD94 View Post
    Another vote for The Hunting Public on Youtube. It is as real of whitetail hunting as you will see on TV, they travel all over the country (although it is the states), and they show everything not just the success. It is very authentic and quite entertaining and informative at the same time. Cut from the same cloth is the Hunting Beast Youtube channel although the video quality is not the same. They still do a great job actually teaching and have a unique perspective on hunting pressured deer.
    Is this the guy that uses a Turkey mouth call when stalking deer. I thought that was a great idea, if he makes noise and the deer hear it, He gives some yelps on the call to make the deer think it is turkeys making the sound. The deer at least stop for a look giving enough time for a shot.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  6. #35
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    My viewpoint is, that none of them are worth watching as when you remove all the commercials , you are lucky to get 10 minutes of actual hunting, they also repeat a lot when they break for commercials and you get to see a minutes worth of the film before the commercial break when it resumes.

  7. #36
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    i have fun watching the new buck commander and duck commander stuff on youtube...

  8. #37
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    With the exception of Meat Eater, almost all of these shows are an absolute disgrace. Their aim is to turn hunting into a commercial, consumer, shopping and competitive activity, rather than an outdoor activity. And a lot of them are not very respectful of the animals they hunt. The animals are just a "score" to justify all their hunting related product purchases. Disgrace.

  9. #38
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Is this the guy that uses a Turkey mouth call when stalking deer. I thought that was a great idea, if he makes noise and the deer hear it, He gives some yelps on the call to make the deer think it is turkeys making the sound. The deer at least stop for a look giving enough time for a shot.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Yes I have seen them use that technique on occasion. Interesting idea for sure.

  10. #39
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    With the exception of Meat Eater, almost all of these shows are an absolute disgrace. Their aim is to turn hunting into a commercial, consumer, shopping and competitive activity, rather than an outdoor activity. And a lot of them are not very respectful of the animals they hunt. The animals are just a "score" to justify all their hunting related product purchases. Disgrace.
    For the TV shows it is unfortunately how they get paid and I agree it makes it pretty well unwatchable. Although now with some of the Youtube shows you can find some quality stuff that avoids all of that. Another plug for The Hunting Public on Youtube here is that there is not any product pushing, no ads (or at least you can skip the YT ads), and they actually somewhat mock the "scoring" and "history with this buck" emphasis of regular TV shows. It makes it a whole lot more entertaining for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •