Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Another LEOs firearm stolen.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So the question is since everyone saying they should get the same us the citizens???.

What is the punishment if a restricted firearm is stolen from us ???

I'm amusing it is not much of a punishment, as to the criminal who possesses it virtually gets away Scot free.

As to a pension loss definitely not and never will .

happens things get stolen all the time.
    If anything as a police officer they should at least foot the bill for a new one.

Gilroy I know you will chime in on my post . So yes the max punishment is no more than 5 years that is when it is not reported to the police. That is right across the board for for lost or stolen ,criminals who have no license and so on. As a person who knows of criminal justice and knows several people who did little to no time for criminal activity with a gun .

So the question is what really happens when a firearm is stolen. Yes maybe the some probation and a bunch of paperwork. But what really happens ??

Does anyone know who has a firearm stolen and has done jail time and lost their pensions??? Really ....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Ain't that the truth.
    Criminal gets picked up with an illegal gun they're bailed out with a promise to appear in 2 years. Heck no problem
    Leo with possibly a lapse of judgement gets victimized yup punish him for life and beyond.
    You beat me to it by a second lol.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Guys it was NOT stolen from a locked safe in the basement. But hey lets just focus on one thing... ignore anything else.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

SW ,we know you think it should be a loss of pension, even though that is unreasonable, (ridiculous). So .....what do you feel would be an apt punishment?
    Last edited by fishermccann; November 2nd, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Guys it was NOT stolen from a locked safe in the basement. But hey lets just focus on one thing... ignore anything else.
    You are correct in this however my outlook comes from a more personal standpoint. Say you are done with the hunt and cleaning one of your firearms, you run to the other room for a cleaning kit or whatever and someone walk in and snags your gun then bails with it. I don't see that warranting jail time for you.

In the way back from the range and swing in to the gas station, a smash and grab occurs while I am paying due to a common error with the pump, should I be locked up and lose my shirt?

I have had crap happen. I was contending with a crying newborn upon returning from working late only to have someone stick their head in the door, grab my keys off the washing machine (yes it's right by the front door) and steal my pickup. My wife heard the truck fire up and I told her she was hearing things when she mentioned it.

I think this LEO deserves the benefit of the doubt until the facts come out.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    SW ,we know you think it should be a loss of pension, even though that is unreasonable, (ridiculous). So .....what do you feel would be an apt punishment?
    Lets keep all options on the table, investigation of the facts and then decide which ones to remove from the list of punishments applied.

Would you feel better if it was phrased as "Possible ( not Positive) loss of Pension, upon a dishonorable Discharge."

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Oaknut all options are on the table till the facts of the theft are looked at.

First case, you'd have grounds for a defense being with in you home, and the expectation of security.

Second case. You locked your car.
    So same thing.

Third case....Just sucks. Sorry to hear.

Now if you stopped at timmies and had the pistol case laying on the table and walked away. Your likely going to be in so deep you'll need a bathysphere.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Anyone who thinks there'll be no repercussions for losing a SW has never been an LEO in Ontario. One of our crew lost a SW overboard while on marine patrol and lost her holidays for a whole year when the Inspector was done with her. There's no end to the shyte storm when that happens. It goes on your service record and can literally cost any form of career advancement. You better resign yourself to being a happy Constable for the rest of the time you're on the job because that's as good as it's gonna get. God forbid,you ever lose a badge and warrant card.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456