Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: F-150 vs Silverado

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goosesniper View Post
    In the market for a new truck. Im torn between these two. Any advice would be great.
    My concerns are:
    The Ford doesn’t seem to be as sturdy. Concerned about the aluminum body panels.
    Resale valuation.
    Also wondering about the V8 5.3 vs the v6 eco boost. How do they compare on fuel economy. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See who has the best price and options. I bought a new F150 this fall. Between employee pricing and what the dealership gave me, I saved over $14,000. They also provide free services for the first 2 years or 40,000 km. This is a good time of year to shop around as vehicle sales are low now. Shop near the end of the month for better pricing.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Throwing this question out there. What would be considered the break in period for a truck? I’ve heard about 20k. I’ve also read that gas mileage will improve once the break in period is over. Im very curious as I don’t believe the turbo 2.7 is getting the mileage they claim. Right now it appears with in town thriving Im averaging around 18l/100. On the highway In cruise at 98km it read at 11.9/100. Any thoughts or comparisons from your trucks. In my V 6 Colorado I was getting around 9 on the highway. Thanks.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goosesniper View Post
    Throwing this question out there. What would be considered the break in period for a truck? I’ve heard about 20k. I’ve also read that gas mileage will improve once the break in period is over. Im very curious as I don’t believe the turbo 2.7 is getting the mileage they claim. Right now it appears with in town thriving Im averaging around 18l/100. On the highway In cruise at 98km it read at 11.9/100. Any thoughts or comparisons from your trucks. In my V 6 Colorado I was getting around 9 on the highway. Thanks.

Just for comparison, my 2015 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab averages 12/100 overall in winter. If cruising hiway @ 110kms/hr it drops to 8-10/100. That ECO doesn’t sound right.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    Just for comparison, my 2015 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab averages 12/100 overall in winter. If cruising hiway @ 110kms/hr it drops to 8-10/100. That ECO doesn’t sound right.
    It sure doesn’t. My 2014 150, 5litre gets 13 overall, and that’s pulling my boat. At highway speeds, I can squeeze out 9, if all conditions are right.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have a 2017 Ram 5.7L with 105K on it and I'm getting 10.5L to 10.9 in summer and 11.5 to 12.8 in winter.
    One of my friends has a 2019 Ram 5.7L and he gets 25L/100 because all he does is short drives in the city but he doesn't have the 8 speed torque flight transmission with the fuel saver engine like mine which makes a huge difference.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456