Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Pelee updates?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Hey Phil,
    We stayed at a private cottage that my friend arranged, I can get the details from him sometime and let you know.
    As for conservation officers, there were three patrolling the island, they checked us to make sure we had our license and pheasant permit, and had a quick look at the vehicles ... nice guys actually.
    Lorenzo AA742DF3-0784-4646-89F6-336F8BC032AF.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Lots of double and triple flushes during the clean up this year. Found the hunting was better in the afternoon vs the morning. Not sure on license sales but i was license # 100. The staff did say there was very few cancellations and was expecting around 200 hunters. We only counted 2 fields that still had standing beans. Did anyone else notice a few hedgerows being cleared and removed?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update pigeon eater, glad you had a good hunt! . I also noticed many multiple flushes on the last main hunt. I’m thinking there were a lot left over birds from the 2nd hunt as apparently it rained quite a bit those days.
    I didn’t notice any hedgerows removed, fields looked pretty similar as in the past, but I could be wrong as I hadn’t been there the past few years.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I too missed the hunt last year. But I do not remember seeing those massive brush piles near the winery. Most of the hedge row removal was near the centre of the island near the winery. We were guessing they cut everything to allow younger grow. But we have no idea. Maybe they cut them down so they can plant more crops. I was just curious thats all. I love the pelee hunt and will continue to support it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12