Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Pelee updates?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Any Pelee updates?

It's been very quiet on the Pelee Island updates this year.
    Anyone attend the first and 2nd hunt? Anyone going out for the 3rd or cleanup hunts?

Looking forward to some updates
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I am heading out on Wednesday for the third main hunt. I haven't been to Pelee since 2014, so I am really looking forward to it. I will give a report of the hunt once I get back on the weekend.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I know one thing for sure.
    Strong winds, rough water, a few cancelled ferries.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

More soybeans coming off everyday. Hope the rain stays away to let the farmers keep harvesting. Always wind messing up the ferries but it's that time of year. Good luck all.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

heading down for the clean up hunt next week. I had a friend there for the main hunt. Told me to bring my waders lol. Alot of flooded fields. Leave a few birds for us lol!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The problem isn't with the ferries.It is with us .We cannot control the weather,but we want to.We have become too busy.
    I'm a yearly visitor,and yes I have been bumped a time or 2 from crossing either way due to inclement weather.I releive the anxiety by accepting the possibility that it can happen and plan for staying the week.Its my week vacation.I combine the 3 day pheasant hunt with excellent fishing Pelee has to offer and catching up with friends I only see once a year.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

7016F27F-2292-4ECC-A087-C8F02EDF27C0.jpg
    Just on the ferry heading back now.
    Third hunt was great, lots of birds around and a lot of the crops were down. Weather couldn’t have been any better for the last two days, nice and cool for the dogs with a good amount of sunshine today, so we hit our limit pretty quick. Very quiet in terms of hunter numbers, I believe around 275 licenses were sold for the last hunt, so there was plenty of space to hunt without coming in close contact with other hunters. Put up about 6 woodcock on the island too, and ended up with two in the bag.
    Smooth ferry ride both ways, and All in all had a great time and I would recommend it if you like pheasant hunting and haven’t tried it yet.
    Lorenzo

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update Lor

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lor79 View Post
    7016F27F-2292-4ECC-A087-C8F02EDF27C0.jpg
    Just on the ferry heading back now.
    Third hunt was great, lots of birds around and a lot of the crops were down. Weather couldnít have been any better for the last two days, nice and cool for the dogs with a good amount of sunshine today, so we hit our limit pretty quick. Very quiet in terms of hunter numbers, I believe around 275 licenses were sold for the last hunt, so there was plenty of space to hunt without coming in close contact with other hunters. Put up about 6 woodcock on the island too, and ended up with two in the bag.
    Smooth ferry ride both ways, and All in all had a great time and I would recommend it if you like pheasant hunting and havenít tried it yet.
    Lorenzo
    Thanks for the update Lor, sounds like you had a g8 hunt.
    May I ask where you stay while on the island? Did you see many game wardens?
    FYI, sounds like you got off the island just in time, I heard the Ferry is cancelled today due to high winds.

Phil

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Looks like a great hunt Lor79, love the dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast