Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming season!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Upcoming season!

Anyone else getting pumped for this coming season yet?

I still have to get all my gear out of storage and prep it for hardwater, but got new sled this year and it is ready to go! and hoping to get a new underwater camera as well.

What about everyone else? getting new gear? going to new lakes? Predictions for 1st Ice in different areas?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The cold is about to arrive so excited like always for the ice. No new gear for me this year have all I need but the ice. Thinking there could be some ice around the 15th of nov this year ,it may not last last long unless you head north.

Have to fish the walleye first before they close then worries about the ice. Who knows if I have time I'll try and head north the second half of November and get on some ice.

Cheers it wont be much longer now

Hoping the big water on simcoe will freeze up for the opener this year. Well next year lol. I can definitely see some December ice coming

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    The cold is about to arrive so excited like always for the ice. No new gear for me this year have all I need but the ice. Thinking there could be some ice around the 15th of nov this year ,it may not last last long unless you head north.

Have to fish the walleye first before they close then worries about the ice. Who knows if I have time I'll try and head north the second half of November and get on some ice.

Cheers it wont be much longer now

Hoping the big water on simcoe will freeze up for the opener this year. Well next year lol. I can definitely see some December ice coming

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Big water on Simcoe for the opening.
    We can only hope but I can't see it.
    But I hope I'm wrong.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Some of the shallow back bays on Couch had a skim of ice this morning on the way to Gravenhurst. It was still there around 10:30 on the way back.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Definitely getting excited! Got to try to kill a deer first though...

Normally I chip out the last weekend of November, first week of December for Crappies. I don't imagine this year will be any different.

Goldilocks

User Info Menu

With this cold weather and snow I'm getting the itch bad.... Sled is in the shop getting and overhaul for the season. Made a smitty sled for when I'm walking on Quinte. I always like to try a new back lake each year in search of some splake or brook trout! I'm hitting Quinte as much as I can this year, in search for a double digit walleye.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I am getting totally stoked! I've got to start getting my gear in order for the Nipissing opener.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Gear all ready to go just need the ice!
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    With this cold weather and snow I'm getting the itch bad.... Sled is in the shop getting and overhaul for the season. Made a smitty sled for when I'm walking on Quinte. I always like to try a new back lake each year in search of some splake or brook trout! I'm hitting Quinte as much as I can this year, in search for a double digit walleye.
    have had a Smitty Sled for past 6 or 7 years and couldn't imagine dragging a tub out there without one. 10 year kid could pull it out.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

A buddy up in Temagami is already out on the ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast