Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manitoulin Deer

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Manitoulin Deer

My dad had went to check or cameras yesterday and clear out a few trails due to blow down earlier in the year and lo and behold we have bucks on cameras! Even had a doe infront of the camera with two bucks sparring in the background on Nov 3rd at 10 am. Two bucks in background within the red circle<br>
    Spar.jpg
    Wondering if anyone else has any updates on the rut around the lake Manitou area??

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Id be really interested in hearing the reports, we plan on moving to manitoulin island in about a year.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The Mecca of Deer Hunting!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Everyone scores big time there. I hear they aren’t huge bucks but there are plenty of deer.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    Everyone scores big time there. I hear they aren’t huge bucks but there are plenty of deer.
    The deer is the west end of Manitoulin, all taste like " cedar ", but there are lots of them.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fieldtrip View Post
    Id be really interested in hearing the reports, we plan on moving to manitoulin island in about a year.
    Will definitely let you know what happens after the hunt, still one more week to go before we can get out there. 100 acre properties are perfect on the island for a good hunt!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    The deer is the west end of Manitoulin, all taste like " cedar ", but there are lots of them.
    We hunt on the east end of the Island and yes some of the deer do taste a bit stronger of a wild game flavour but I've also tasted the most tender non game flavoured deer from there as well.. As for the size I do agree they are smaller than a mainland whitetail but they are definitely over run by them.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Lots of deer i am in the south bay area....smaller deer overall but still the odd nice buck!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We start feeding them 2-3 weeks before the rifle hunt and we check our cameras the night before oppening day....always plenty of pictures!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bear13 View Post
    We start feeding them 2-3 weeks before the rifle hunt and we check our cameras the night before oppening day....always plenty of pictures!
    Since we donít own the property we usually set up our cameras a couple months before season and check every 3-4 weeks. Usually only use a bag of apples or salt block but we have definitely seen some decent bucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast