Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage expandables

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Rage expandables

I recently bought a Excalibur G340 and it came with 100 gr field tips. It shot the factory field tips great but I was wondering if I should use the Rage 100 gr expendable's that I have from my previous X-Bow or should I switch to the fixed blade 100 gr bolt cutters due to the extra speed.
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Test fire ,,,,you'll know .
    Glen

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I have had bad experience with Rage, didn't open and ended up losing a doe from lack of blood trail, switched to fixed and touch wood, all good

Apprentice

User Info Menu

all the rage, what you think about them now.....rage.jpg

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

listened to a podcast with a professional dog tracker that goes looking for wounded deer in the US. He stated that the large majority of his long hard tracking jobs are do to failures of mechanical blades opening correctly. He said that when they work, they work great, but that sometimes they fail. Fixed blades just always work. That kind of convinced me that I'm going to switch out my rage blades.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Love to show a picture of my experience but never recovered the deer

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I went through several brands of mechanicals. They flew nice but each one ended in most deer due to broadhead issues. I have gone back to fixed blade broadens. Not every shot is a perfect broadside low angle shot

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yedi View Post
    I went through several brands of mechanicals. They flew nice but each one ended in most deer due to broadhead issues. I have gone back to fixed blade broadens. Not every shot is a perfect broadside low angle shot

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I'm still waiting for the liver and heart!

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Get the Excalibur X-Act mechanicals - they are awesome!
    Got deer 2 years in a row w them, and the furthest I had to go to find the deer was 25 yards past the spot where I Shot them!
    the year before I switched to them I tried a Rage mechanical and lost a 6-pt. buck that was shot well, but lousy blade performance - found the deer 3 weeks later!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Noone ever says what Rage broadhead they used.

ORING or Shock collar? I've used both and havnt had problems but I do prefer the older oring style over the shock collar.

100g or 125g?

Crossbow or compound?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast