Thread: Moose bachelor group bedding

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Moose bachelor group bedding

New property to me. Soon as the snow fell I accidentally bumped 4 large bull moose that were bedding in the middle of my quad trail. Seen them multiple times now. Makes tracks like crazy on my property. Have them on the cameras now.

They decided to step on my deer hunting blind and play with my camera.

Anyone know how long they stay in one area during winter?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Don't suppose there is a moose season there.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

That must be pretty cool having them on your property! Nice pictures.
    "Blessed beyond belief"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't think he enjoyed having his picture taken LOL it doesn't look happy.

Wow nice to have a property like that.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That's a damn fine bull!

As far as how long they will stick around.... how long does a fart linger.... they are rather unpredictable in that matter. If your property lies in what they feel is their wintering grounds you will have them for a while. If they get pressured they will move on. Usually they will travel large tracts week to week.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Bachelor groups like this we see up my way pretty often at this time of year when they have moved from the food in the ponds to the new feed in the hardwood bush. They will stay in pond/lake area,s until they are frozen over as this is the most nutritious food. Considering they eat up to 40 kilograms of browse a day individually one area will only hold them a short period.The weather,wolves, all play a part in movement.