Thread: No one shooting ravin crossbows

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default No one shooting ravin crossbows

I bought a r10 ravin last year and just love how compact these bows are then after returning from moose hunting picked up the r26 I’ve been an Excalibur guy for years and still have a few but the style hunting I do these are much easier to carry threw the bush ,can’t image the service or warranty will be anything like the excal 7742244E-55C9-494C-9F50-35B1103ED4FA.jpg7742244E-55C9-494C-9F50-35B1103ED4FA.jpg7742244E-55C9-494C-9F50-35B1103ED4FA.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Looks like a nice bow. But the price blew me away. My Excalibur Micro is less than 1/2 it’s list price at Cabelas! I can think of 1500 reasons why I couldn’t buy one! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are three reasons to own a gun. To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face.
    - Krusty the Clown

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I moved to a Scorpyd from Excalibur. No regrets!

400fps with a 400gr arrow and a breeze to rope !

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

The new ravine just cost to much for me. I will keep killing critters with my Excalibur

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I just can't see it being worth the price. Definitely not for me given that I have compounds, longbows and a recurve too. My old exocet might go out once every 4 years.

I was never a fan of their initial advertising either, promoting 100 yard hunting with a bow is absurd. The advertising does now seem less directed toward 100 yard hunting shots but just 100 yard accuracy.

Hell, most rifle and shotgun hunters couldn't shoot a 6 inch group at 100 yards in a hunting situation.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The price of these bows puts them way out of reach for the average hunter. From what I've seen on this forum, many guys won't spend that much money on a vehicle.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I don’t have problem with price. But bolt sticking out the end and lack of stirrup bothered me and then report of lost fingers scared me away

How did you deal with no stirrup bolt sticking out did you lay crossbow down when getting into a blind ?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

1894CAC5-383F-4C2D-B6D8-D7E4468E1ED5.jpg
    I built a hook on the bottom to hang the bow as well as relocated crank and quiver . The day I bought this I was headed into buy an assassin but you can’t compare the 2 fit wise this was far better . I ve got both r10 and 26 .i figure I don’t drink or smoke like I did in the past but can say I spend far less on this now when you thing a pack of smokes is $15 and beer is over $40 a box