Thread: Android app Deer Calls

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Android app Deer Calls

Got my deer this year, we found a new good place where 3 of us can hunt about 30 minutes from our house.

But while I was up in the stand I was looking at my android and the different Deer calls, I was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think of them.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Be careful of those free downloadable calls. They sound very good but have ads in them third or forth time you play them loud music comes on lol

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    Be careful of those free downloadable calls. They sound very good but have ads in them third or forth time you play them loud music comes on lol
    Ouch. I’ve never run into that but I could see it happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob

CSSA/CFFR/OFAH

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I’ve never tried it but my predator caller with 200+ range on the remote has deer calls. I was thinking it might work to set up say 50-100 yards up wind from me with a scent wick.

That way when the deer comes in and circles downwind from the caller they are still upwind and in range from my position.

Then I read lots of stuff from people who don’t use callers much or at all and have success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob

CSSA/CFFR/OFAH

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Got my deer this year, we found a new good place where 3 of us can hunt about 30 minutes from our house.

But while I was up in the stand I was looking at my android and the different Deer calls, I was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think of them.
    A buddy used one to call in a nice bull. From his perspective, they work great.
    I just stick to a bleat can and grunt tube. Both have worked well for me...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I dont mess around with the callers much. My brother has used his phone with success while we were out for Squirrel but that's about it. A duck call is a duck call and about the only other thing I call for is Moose and that is something I take pride in and would never give up my place to a phone.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

i used it for my deer this year because i dropped my doe can and grunt tube in the woods... easier to explain to the wife when you haven't come back with a canadian tire receipt.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Someone help me out here? I was always under the impression it was illegal to use electronic calls of any sort for game?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    Someone help me out here? I was always under the impression it was illegal to use electronic calls of any sort for game?

This from a previous post: [not mine] but it is correct!

Electronic calls are legal for moose, deer, bear, coyotes, crows... etc. They're only illegal for turkeys and possibly (not 100% on this one) migratory birds. I think the misconception about electronic calls being illegal comes from the section of the regs where it refers to using them for turkeys.

Electronic Calls are also Illegal for use on Migratory Birds , except for Snow Geese.

I have been using my Johnny Stewart Elec. Call , for many years hunting coyotes, crows foxes, and at the same time a C.O. buddy of mine hunts with me.
    Moose and deer I prefer to use my own mouth blown calls, also for Ducks and Geese.
    Last edited by jaycee; November 18th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I’m too old school for the app. I’ll stick to my grunt tube thx.