Thread: Nikon is Exiting the Rifle Scope Business

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Nikon is Exiting the Rifle Scope Business

Apparently.

One of our intrepid readers who’s in the retail end of the gun business told us of notification he received from one of his distributors. They were letting him know that Nikon will be exiting the rifle scope business and that once current inventory is gone, it’s gone.

TTAG spoke to Nikon’s advertising agency who confirmed the news. We’re told that this is a business decision Nikon has made based on their position in the highly competitive optics market.
    Nikon isn’t getting out of the outdoor optics business, though. The good news is they will continue to produce their excellent spotting scopes, rangefinders and binoculars.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ni...cope-business/

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Pretty interesting my son bought a used rifle with a Nikon scope on it,he has been pretty happy with it.Only fault was the lens covers which have a tendency to keep slipping off,kinda shoddy for a higher end scope.This model was stamped Made in the Philippine,s. I am not to sure about scoping up any deals with the present existing inventory, I wonder if they will service the old one,s.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well,isn't that a swift kick in the arse?! I have a Nikon Pro Staff 4-12X40 BDC on my Ruger M77 SS .270Win that continues to amaze me with it's deadly accuracy. Business is business,I guess.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Gilroy my Nikon Monarch binos are the same protective caps don't stay on worth !
    Glen

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Lots of brands selling scopes. And bushnell has a new line.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    Gilroy my Nikon Monarch binos are the same protective caps don't stay on worth !
    Glen
    They don,t look as good when they are taped up with Gorilla Tape. LOL