Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An Interview with North Bay Bait Shop Operator, Trapper Joe.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Isn’t there approximately 600,000 Métis in Ontario that no longer needs fishing license?
    Thats interesting, but a google search shows just under 600,000 in all of Canada in 2016? I have family members who have Ontario Metis citizenship, however since they don't live in the traditional area of their ancestry, they require license to hunt and fish the same as everyone else?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    Thats interesting, but a google search shows just under 600,000 in all of Canada in 2016? I have family members who have Ontario Metis citizenship, however since they don't live in the traditional area of their ancestry, they require license to hunt and fish the same as everyone else?
    Your right, sorry I stand corrected. Memory isn't what it used to be. LOL
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Good interview and thanks for posting, but I don't see a decrease in fisherman especial where I fish. I think he based that comment on how many people come into his store compared to years before. Maybe people are not buying bait anymore with all the regulations and hopefully more don't pass that are proposed now that will kill these businesses. I like these small businesses and the history behind them but with the cost of everything going up, who walks into a store and drops $300 bucks on a raccoon hat (not saying its not worth that) but its reality. If he doesn't sell bait these small businesses will be of the past.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There's a lot to what TG says. I refuse to pay $15 for a dozen fathead minnows that end up dead before I get to the lake. I now trap my own and get to keep just the species and size I want. The other thing....more fishermen are using those rubber things now instead of live bait. You just can't toss a live minnow in your tackle box at the end of the day and expect him to be too active on your next outing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234