Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 64 of 64

Thread: Gun Safe Question

  1. #61
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longpointer View Post
    Unless you have some high priced hardware just about any steel box will do. You want legal ? Trigger lock on your gun plus your front door lock meet that requirement. You want to keep the kids out of your stuff ? Any gun cabinet can provide that. Always lock up ammo separately so buy two cabinets.
    Yeah totally. This goes beyond legal. But I rent out my basement suite, and even though I've always had good tenants I can never be sure of who may visit. Also my house is often full of neighbourhood kids, no heavy safe required but I sleep better.

    The locksmith came and replaced my internal lock with a new one. Great service. The one he replaced it with has mostly brass components, which is better quality than the pot-metal components of the original. Apparently brass is self-lubricating and will last longer. He also took time to properly lubricate the parts that require it. He said that electronic locks can be fairly easily hacked and have a life-span of about 10 years. A good mechanical lock will last 100 years. He definitely recommended bolting it to the floor.
    My only fear when I die is that my wife will sell all of my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #62
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Bolt it to floor and lag it to wall
    First thing mr bad guy will do is drop It door down


    5 minutes with one of these hes in the back and gone


  4. #63
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Douger View Post
    Yeah totally. This goes beyond legal. But I rent out my basement suite, and even though I've always had good tenants I can never be sure of who may visit. Also my house is often full of neighbourhood kids, no heavy safe required but I sleep better.
    Don't you have a Roommate agreement ..HaHa..

    Point taken for the need...yes better 'safe' than sorry.
    Last edited by MikePal; March 7th, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  5. #64
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    Bolt it to floor and lag it to wall
    First thing mr bad guy will do is drop It door down


    5 minutes with one of these he’s in the back and gone

    For sure. There's always a way in, it's a matter of adding 2-minute hurtles to reduce the chances.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Don't you have a Roommate agreement ..HaHa..

    Point taken for the need...yes better 'safe' than sorry.
    Yeah no roommates but his mom may visit. You can never tell about little old ladies these days.
    My only fear when I die is that my wife will sell all of my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •