Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “A man needs only one rifle”

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nice touches on it with the integrated bipod, extra mag storage in the stock, and fold up sights
    Lest we forget : “I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in Canada that should own firearms are the Military and the Police..." Alan Rock Liberal Justice Minister 1995

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    The Steyr Scout offers living proof of the saying “A man needs only one rifle”. With a short overall length of just 38.6”, a light weight of 6.6 lbs, fold-away integrated bipod, integrated spare magazine and other unique features, the Scout is the perfectly versatile tool for a wide range of applications from patrolling the ranch, hunting in nearly any environment or target practice at the range. [COLOR=#7A7D82]Now available in Mossy Oak® Bottomland® and Break-Up Country®

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/j...e-full-review/

Also scout scope on this Brno Combo is good too .... As One Rifle - Shotgun even better ...

Attachment 39318

doesnt it look look that scope on the dryer to be too far forward.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BPR 30-06 View Post
    doesnt it look look that scope on the dryer to be too far forward.
    These are "scout scopes" with long eye relief made for shooting with both eyes open and quick shooting on moving targets. Says this right in the article.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Not spending money on multiple guns,

will able us to spend more time hunting to make enjoy multiple hunting trips ...

An the end ... of the days .... Life .... will not be important how many guns we have .....

Juts how did we enjoyed the time outdoors ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    X2..why limit my choice of toys.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    Not spending money on multiple guns,

will able us to spend more time hunting to make enjoy multiple hunting trips ...

An the end ... of the days .... Life .... will not be important how many guns we have .....

Juts how did we enjoyed the time outdoors ...
    But for the times one can not spend outdoors I like to open the cabinet and stare, kind of like Scrooge Mcduck and his coins!

What's in the cabinet at the end of my days will hopefully bring joy to those I give them to. The most important pieces in my cabinet came from others and I would never sell them, simply pass on the gift.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

We all spend our money on what we convince our self is important, to me a safe full of rifles is very important. If you only need one, the more power to you. We all have different hobbies. Cheers
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Absolutely you are right , We all have a right to make choices

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    We all spend our money on what we convince our self is important, to me a safe full of rifles is very important. If you only need one, the more power to you. We all have different hobbies. Cheers

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

A jack of all trades is the master of none. Depending on what you hunt using only one rifle means you will spend a portion of your time either under-gunned or over-gunned. Choose the right rifle for the task. The Steyr Scout rifle won't be it all the time or in my case not at all. I've shot one and was unimpressed.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

As someone new to hunting I see this as attracting people that are looking for cost savings and not exactly sure what they want to hunt and or want to hunt everything but save.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Like many things. A generalist is good at many things, but not exceptional at any.

Now, having it chambered in a few versatile calibers is nice ( personally I love .308 / 7.62x51NATO). However, at a price tag of over $1300+, one could already procure a couple of different rifles for different applications, and still have a little change left over.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast