Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring bear outfitters.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Some guys don't want all the work of DIY bear hunt and treat their hunt as a restnrelax vacation. Pay some cash put your feet up and have others to do all the work. Hunting with an outfitter is great for those who choose that kind of hunt.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with that if it gets you out hunting. Not every hunter lives where there’s bears, it wouldn’t be feasible for them to travel too far to bait and scout. Cheaper and more time efficient to use an outfitter. I travel a couple of km’s to my bait, no big deal for me.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I agree 100%. I don’t want to sit back with my feet up.
    I can’t see driving 20 hrs a week to bait bears with my work schedule. I look at it this way... I would rather support a local outfitter and use his knowledge of his land and have a great time learning.
    Hey I want to see bears!! Anyone who goes bear hunting would be lying if they told you it’s all about getting out. If that was the case they would sit on a rock and have a beer in their hand and not a bow or gun.
    I appreciate all your guys help so far and I’ve sent a few emails out to guys.
    With google reviews and tail cameras it’s pretty hard for any outfitter to do anything but his best for you now of days.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

There is some Outfitters like myself that offering DIY hunts
    Where you only pay for pre- baiting
    Good luck

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skull View Post
    There is some Outfitters like myself that offering DIY hunts
    Where you only pay for pre- baiting
    Good luck
    PM sent