Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Spring bear outfitters.

  1. #1
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default Spring bear outfitters.

    Myself and a few friends are looking to book a spring bear hunt in Ontario.
    Iíve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I suggest you a DIY hunting trip , you will never turn back ...
    Enjoy and save your money...


    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Myself and a few friends are looking to book a spring bear hunt in Ontario.
    I’ve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.

  4. #3
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Myself and a few friends are looking to book a spring bear hunt in Ontario.
    I’ve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.
    For the past two years I have been going to this super nice couple's cottage, and they always put me on a bear. He's got close to 15 baited stands - he says. I've only hunted 5. I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to whether publish their info or not, so I will err on the safe side. If you want their contact, message me on private. I am not being paid for this recommendation, I am simply paying it forward as they've been super kind to me and my hunting friends and this is how they make their living. I am a new hunter, and I wanted to get a feeling of the bear hunt before I started doing it myself (as I intend) in the future.
    Last edited by mikedinoro; December 1st, 2019 at 10:10 PM.

  5. #4
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedinoro View Post
    For the past two years I have been going to this super nice couple's cottage, and they always put me on a bear. He's got close to 15 baited stands - he says. I've only hunted 5. I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to whether publish their info or not, so I will err on the safe side. If you want their contact, message me on private. I am not being paid for this recommendation, I am simply paying it forward as they've been super kind to me and my hunting friends and this is how they make their living. I am a new hunter, and I wanted to get a feeling of the bear hunt before I start doing it myself (as I intend) in the future.
    how much you pay for something like that?

  6. #5
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    A friend of mine runs Whistling Arrow Outfitters. He operates out of the Sudbury area for Ontario residents only.
    feel free to contact him - Stephane email: whistlingarrowoutfitters@gmail.com
    WMU 41
    Gun and Bow

    I believe his rate are :
    Book by Dec 31 it is $225 / day min 4 day includes lodging meals, bait - butchering to your account
    after Dec it goes up to $250/day
    First come first serve.
    call to confirm prices and availability

    They are on facebook for pics.

  7. #6
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    I suggest you a DIY hunting trip , you will never turn back ...
    Enjoy and save your money...
    As much as I agree, if you've never bear hunted before, i think it's a good idea to go with an outfitter for a season or 2
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  8. #7
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Myself and a few friends are looking to book a spring bear hunt in Ontario.
    I’ve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.
    I hate to suggest another source to get you're information, but if you have a facebook account, there are a couple groups that have a few thousand active members including many outfitters that i'd suggest you join.
    "Ontario Black Bear Hunters" & "Bear Hunting in Ontario"
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  9. #8
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    We do a DIY hunt every season on crown land a lot of work but really rewarding when it comes together!

  10. #9
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You said it well ..

    That what I am talking about ....

    Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    We do a DIY hunt every season on crown land a lot of work but really rewarding when it comes together!

  11. #10
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Yes I agree with you ...

    Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    As much as I agree, if you've never bear hunted before, i think it's a good idea to go with an outfitter for a season or 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •