Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring bear outfitters.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Spring bear outfitters.

Myself and a few friends are looking to book a spring bear hunt in Ontario.
    I’ve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I suggest you a DIY hunting trip , you will never turn back ...
    Enjoy and save your money...

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I’ve been looking up places but nothing better then asking guys who have experience in past experiences.
    Thanks guys.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.
    For the past two years I have been going to this super nice couple's cottage, and they always put me on a bear. He's got close to 15 baited stands - he says. I've only hunted 5. I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to whether publish their info or not, so I will err on the safe side. If you want their contact, message me on private. I am not being paid for this recommendation, I am simply paying it forward as they've been super kind to me and my hunting friends and this is how they make their living. I am a new hunter, and I wanted to get a feeling of the bear hunt before I started doing it myself (as I intend) in the future.
    Last edited by mikedinoro; December 1st, 2019 at 10:10 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikedinoro View Post
    For the past two years I have been going to this super nice couple's cottage, and they always put me on a bear. He's got close to 15 baited stands - he says. I've only hunted 5. I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to whether publish their info or not, so I will err on the safe side. If you want their contact, message me on private. I am not being paid for this recommendation, I am simply paying it forward as they've been super kind to me and my hunting friends and this is how they make their living. I am a new hunter, and I wanted to get a feeling of the bear hunt before I start doing it myself (as I intend) in the future.
    how much you pay for something like that?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

A friend of mine runs Whistling Arrow Outfitters. He operates out of the Sudbury area for Ontario residents only.
    feel free to contact him - Stephane email: whistlingarrowoutfitters@gmail.com
    WMU 41
    Gun and Bow

I believe his rate are :
    Book by Dec 31 it is $225 / day min 4 day includes lodging meals, bait - butchering to your account
    after Dec it goes up to $250/day
    First come first serve.
    call to confirm prices and availability

They are on facebook for pics.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    I suggest you a DIY hunting trip , you will never turn back ...
    Enjoy and save your money...
    As much as I agree, if you've never bear hunted before, i think it's a good idea to go with an outfitter for a season or 2
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.
    I hate to suggest another source to get you're information, but if you have a facebook account, there are a couple groups that have a few thousand active members including many outfitters that i'd suggest you join.
    "Ontario Black Bear Hunters" & "Bear Hunting in Ontario"
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

We do a DIY hunt every season on crown land a lot of work but really rewarding when it comes together!

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

You said it well ..

That what I am talking about ....

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    We do a DIY hunt every season on crown land a lot of work but really rewarding when it comes together!

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Yes I agree with you ...

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    As much as I agree, if you've never bear hunted before, i think it's a good idea to go with an outfitter for a season or 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast