Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on ML Purchase

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Opinions on ML Purchase

Looking to purchase a pair of new ML's for next 2020 season.
    I've read a vast array of reviews covering a variety of topics including performance and pricing.

Most likely down to CVA or TC. Haven't read a whole lot about the Traditions line.
    Just looking for some feedback from actual users.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I own a CVA. It performs fine, but you should know that getting parts for it in Canada is a nightmare. It's almost like the U.S. manufacturer doesn't give a damn about Canadian customers.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have two traditions pursuit G4 muzzleloaders one has thumbhole stock it’s a joy to carry. Never any problems other than scopes
    Cleanup after blackhorn209 is easy preasy

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Just picked up a Traditions Buckstalker.

Sighted in well, and is a pretty simple rig.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I love my TC Omega,but removing the breach plug is a bit of a pain and time consuming. If i would buy again,i would buy the TC Impact because of that,

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have a CVA Optima V2 with 26" nitride barrel, bushnell trophy 3-9x40 and $200 worth of bullets , powder pellets and cleaning supplies. Bought it 2 years ago a week before a surgery that didn't go well and I've never taken a shot out of it. Thinking I may as well sell it. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

For one week a year, you can't go wrong with a CVA wolf. ( That was my reasoning anyways. To each their own). The optima and accuras are nice as well.
    TC encore pro hunter I was fortunate enough to hunt with and take two deer with. Again, very nice gun but much more $$. (Only reason I got to use that gun is a coworker let me borrow).

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Agree Dano 19
    ' This is God's country don't make it look like Hell '
    OFAH member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    It's almost like the U.S. manufacturer doesn't give a damn about Canadian customers.
    Why would they ? Our numbers are but a small blip on their radar. Most ML's are sold thru US companies like Bass Pro /Cabela's to their stores in Canada and probably invisible to the manufacture.

AND the availability of a lot of parts are curtailed due to the export laws not the manufacture or US Businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by dano19 View Post
    For one week a year, you can't go wrong with a CVA wolf.
    Took my ML out for both weeks of Rifle and both Turkey seasons...no restriction on what season you use one

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Why would they ? Our numbers are but a small blip on their radar. Most ML's are sold thru US companies like Bass Pro /Cabela's to their stores in Canada and probably invisible to the manufacture.

AND the availability of a lot of parts are curtailed due to the export laws not the manufacture or US Businesses.

Took my ML out for both weeks of Rifle and both Turkey seasons...no restriction on what season you use one
    Going way back,when Remington Arms Canadian Sales were based out of Cambridge On. , Jack Milhofer who was the "Head Man " here, always told us that less than 10 percent of their manufacture , [rifles and shotguns] were shipped to Canada.
    In the last couple of years while they were still here, that figure dropped to 7 percent, they then closed up shop here and everything was done out of the U.S.
    Last edited by jaycee; December 2nd, 2019 at 05:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast