Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Which drill to buy for clam set up

  1. #11
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think I've narrowed it down to a DCD996 and a 5ah battery. There's a wholesaler out of Hamilton who will sell me that package for $250.
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If anyone is looking for a Dewalt, this guy is a wholesaler and has decent prices.
    2896893738
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    I think I've narrowed it down to a DCD996 and a 5ah battery. There's a wholesaler out of Hamilton who will sell me that package for $250.
    Good choice, but just don’t use it on “hammer”...

  5. #14
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Good choice, but just don’t use it on “hammer”...
    I won't, lol, but appreciate the heads up just finished building my first smitty sled. If all goes as planned.....I'll fill my tag next week, and then wait for the hard water Wishful thinking at it's best...
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

  6. #15
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    I won't, lol, but appreciate the heads up just finished building my first smitty sled. If all goes as planned.....I'll fill my tag next week, and then wait for the hard water Wishful thinking at it's best...
    you'll be happy with the dewalt i've used them in industry for years . it won't let you down.

  7. #16
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thats all I've used as well around the house and cottage.....but unfortunately, In don't have the in-lb that the clam adapter needs to be efficient. The new drill will have plenty
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

  8. #17
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You will be happy with that setup. I use the same drill and have two of the 5aH batteries. Depending on ice hardness and temperature I am getting 600 to 750 inches of 8 inch hole per battery as long as i keep the blades sharp.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

  9. #18
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    You will be happy with that setup. I use the same drill and have two of the 5aH batteries. Depending on ice hardness and temperature I am getting 600 to 750 inches of 8 inch hole per battery as long as i keep the blades sharp.
    Nice to hear, thanks species appreciate the feedback.
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •