Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minkenry

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Not sure about the mink method being legal but I think one would need a trapping license because muskrats are fur bearers and are not classed as small game under the FWCA.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Would be like hunting with ferrets.
    Not legal in Ontario.
    Grandpa used to use a ferret way back in the day, had a really long leash on it and would send it down the holes after cottontails.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    I'm going to call the ministry and ask about this.

I can guarantee the game warden I know would be happy to see me targetting muskrats, Hes always scolding my cousin and I for not trapping enough anymore. I keep telling him I'm too busy hunting to be a trapper. This would be good middle ground to help thin out some swamp rats, But still hunting.

Maybe I should just look for a fisher and go for coons around all the local barns.... instead of a mink and muskrats LOL

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Good luck with fisher..guess we can nickname you stubby after you lose some fingers.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Lots of cool videos from that guy on YouTube, I like the ones where he is clearing rats out of the barns and the minks are chasing them out of their holes. Very effective !
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Good luck with fisher..guess we can nickname you stubby after you lose some fingers.
    Are you saying welding gloves aren't going to cut it? Lol catch pole would be the only way id handle them

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

SongDog,

Did you ever get a response from MNRF about this?

Dyth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12