Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got it done with the Cap Lock

Apprentice

User Info Menu

No judgement here - I've killed plenty of fawns in my lifetime.

I will disagree with you on the hangfire though!! They are scary as hell as far as I'm concerned and have killed more than a few people. I had my first misfire with the muzzleloader last year and spent 5 minutes with my heart jumping out of my neck wondering whether the thing was going to spontaneously go off. Thankfully the second cap set it off in a safe direction.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benjhind View Post
    No judgement here - I've killed plenty of fawns in my lifetime.

I will disagree with you on the hangfire though!! They are scary as hell as far as I'm concerned and have killed more than a few people. I had my first misfire with the muzzleloader last year and spent 5 minutes with my heart jumping out of my neck wondering whether the thing was going to spontaneously go off. Thankfully the second cap set it off in a safe direction.
    You did not have a hang fire then, you had a misfire and yes, they can all be scary.

I think the only reason why someone was killed by a misfire or a hangfire was because the person holding the gun pointed it in an unsafe direction.

I have had hangfires with military ammo as well, does not get me freaked out. At our club the rule is 60 seconds before trying to unload, I know you cannot just unload with a muzzle loader but I would have tried another cap and waited at least a minute, had a couple misfires on the range with this gun but that was due to the learning curve on cleaning.

One thing you can do with a loaded and misfired muzzle loader, take the nipple and bolster cleanout screw out and then put that end in a bucket of water, you will destroy that powder and make it safe to pull the bullet and powder.

There are also these types of tools, I thought about getting one but have not yet.

http://logcabinshop.com/oc30/index.p...oduct_id=24787

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Good job. No pictures?
    Things that fly turn me on

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    Good job. No pictures?
    There was one on the original post, not sure why it is no longer there, I tried it here again but something weird is going on with the attachments.

Deer 2019.jpg

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I can still see the picture in the original post on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123