Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me some upland pants

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Recommend me some upland pants

More specifically, for my long-legged, lanky son. I own the L.L. Bean Precision Fit Upland Briar Pants which they used to sell un-hemmed, but no more.

Looking for something in at least 34" in-seam length or un-hemmed. Any suggestions?
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Have you thought of chaps, if he is still growing, and I am sure the waistline will be!
    "Without Proper Management Wild Life Becomes Your Next Hood Ornament"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Buy him some Browning Pheasants Forever Upland cover-alls. They have shell holders in pockets,detachable game bag,oversize leg pockets and brier proof and water resistant leg fronts. At 6'2"-230lbs,they fit me perfectly. I bought mine through Cabela's. I'm not sure if they still carry them.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'm 6-6 and purchased the 'LL Bean 33" inseam... they might be a bit short but still work... I always wear taller boots when hunting so a slightly shorter leg is alright.

The pants are great! Most comfortable upland pants I've ever found.
    "Blessed beyond belief"

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Will second on the chaps. Wear whatever pants you want underneath them and your good to go.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I wear the Brownings and they’re fine but will be trying chaps next year. I think they are a better option.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Chaps for me in the uplands .... Cabelas Stonewall Chaps.
    Lorenzo

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I don’t like the weight of my chaps, I walk too much. I wanted to try some pants but didn’t want to drop much $ cuz I already had good chaps and wasn’t sure I’d like them. I bought the cheapest option out there, wranglers off of amazon. I’ve now put those pants through hell and back and the chaps are collecting dust in the shop. I’m happier with my legs each a pound lighter. -$30 on Amazon fwiw.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have a pair of Filson chaps that I occasionally wear when it’s really wet, or the cover is particularly thorny. They are a bit heavy. I would have recommended the LL Bean line of pants as well, but I see you’ve been down that road. I know a few guys who like the technical pants (now called uplander pro) and mine are kinda long, even with a 33” inseam. Expensive, but really last due to that heavy duty cuff on the bottom.
    Last edited by dilly; December 10th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlife View Post
    I don’t like the weight of my chaps, I walk too much. I wanted to try some pants but didn’t want to drop much $ cuz I already had good chaps and wasn’t sure I’d like them. I bought the cheapest option out there, wranglers off of amazon. I’ve now put those pants through hell and back and the chaps are collecting dust in the shop. I’m happier with my legs each a pound lighter. -$30 on Amazon fwiw.
    Check out the Wrangler ATG pants from WalMart. Fantastic pants, and very much like many of the higher priced hunting pants.

I've put them through their paces and have found them to be very durable.

-Nick
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast