Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LONGBOX BoxCall

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default LONGBOX BoxCall

First call made for this winter and decided to make a longbox. Not finished yet, just some cosmetic finishes left to do. Poplar body and walnut paddle. Thinking of making some more with different wood combinations.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks great! Were going to need an audio sample. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Very nice!! I'm sure it will feel great getting a bird called in with that call!!! Any chance u have plans to it?
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    Looks great! Were going to need an audio sample. [emoji106]

Sure no problem just tell me how to post an audio clip because i don't know how too lol
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyObsessed View Post
    Very nice!! I'm sure it will feel great getting a bird called in with that call!!! Any chance u have plans to it?
    Don't have plans to it just took some rough measurements off an old box call my buddy had and worked off that. Its the same like making any box call just longer and not as deep.

User Info Menu

If some people are interested in them I’ll make a couple for sale on the forum with different combinations. To make one is not worth it. Just would need enough to cover the wood cost nothing for the labour because im not doing this for a business, just a hobby and killing time before turkey season LOL
    Last edited by tom gobble; December 9th, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Sure no problem just tell me how to post an audio clip because i don't know how too lol
    Ha ha, I wouldnt have a clue, it took me three days to figure out I wasn't seeing new posts.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

sweet, you play any tunes on it yet?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ben1983 View Post
    sweet, you play any tunes on it yet?
    Yes I have and it sounds great to me. It got me excited so i'm sure it will get a Tom excited as well LOL

Apprentice

User Info Menu

This needs to go on my insanely long "to-do" list. Well done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast