Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW BOW

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default NEW BOW

I am considering purchasing anew compound for myself for next year.

Please let me know what you would recommend.

I would like something with a decent let off,

Also I would like to know who you would recommend I purchase from, I bought my last 2 bows from Dufferin, but unfortunately they have closed.
    I do lik eth eidea of buying from a shop rather than a big box, ( bass pro or cabelas) as I think they are a little more experienced and hands on

Please let me know thoughts and suggestions

Thanks as usual

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

What’s the budget? Compounds go for about $400 on up to about 2K. Lots in Between. Also are you looking at building it or getting something already built. Most new bows I’ve seen come with a 80% let off. I’m near London and Antler River has been good for me. Lots of bows on hand to look at. I’m sure there are other shops between me and you. I think you really have to go and shoot them. It’s got to fit you, not me.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymjt View Post
    I am considering purchasing anew compound for myself for next year.

Please let me know what you would recommend.

I would like something with a decent let off,

Also I would like to know who you would recommend I purchase from, I bought my last 2 bows from Dufferin, but unfortunately they have closed.
    I do lik eth eidea of buying from a shop rather than a big box, ( bass pro or cabelas) as I think they are a little more experienced and hands on

Please let me know thoughts and suggestions

Thanks as usual
    I wouldn't go to bass pro or cabelas, they only have pse, diamond and I think bear. Mind you I do like the pse that I have. Go to a place like shooters choice, they have a good selection.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Bows haven't changed a whole lot over the last few years. Give Erie Trackers a call and ask about the Elite Synergy, I think they have a few 2016 bows left.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I shoot an Elite. Love it. Not ground blind friendly though.
    Things that fly turn me on

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 600mojo View Post
    What’s the budget? Compounds go for about $400 on up to about 2K. Lots in Between. Also are you looking at building it or getting something already built. Most new bows I’ve seen come with a 80% let off. I’m near London and Antler River has been good for me. Lots of bows on hand to look at. I’m sure there are other shops between me and you. I think you really have to go and shoot them. It’s got to fit you, not me.
    I really don't have a budget per say, not looking at going too far over 1000...so I think I would entertain a package or custom depends on what would be best

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Shooter's Choice Colby Dr Waterloo ..... try as many as you want till you find the one that feels the best .
    Glen

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I would recommend to shoot a few bows before you make a decision
    Go to a quality bow shop where they stand behind their products.
    The one thing i highly recommend is brace height
    And easy draw cycle
    All bow this days are 70/80% let off
    The higher the brace height is the more forgiving the bow is
    I personally not going to shoot nothing less than 7” brace height
    Good luck

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

As far as bow shop recommendation I suggest Wolf's Den. They have always taken care of me, even despite having bought my bow elsewhere. I do try to go there during the week when it's less busy. If you're interested in an Elite Energy 35 I have a pretty well new one I could part with. PM if interested.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Bowtech has an awesome new bow out.... The Revolt and Revolt X.... Revolt is 30" cam to cam and the Revolt X is 33".
    Price at my local dealer ( although none are in yet ) is $1349 for the Revolt. Unsure of the X.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast