Thread: Excalibur sound deadening kit

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Excalibur sound deadening kit

Has anyone installed the Excalibur sound deadening kit on your crossbow and if so are you happy with it
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

To me, its not worth it, I like to keep my bow as clean and simple as possible, no gadgets, not even my quiver on it, your arrow will have already passed thru the deer before it has a chance to react to the sound, if you keep your shots to a respectable distance
    Last edited by bdog; December 29th, 2019 at 07:46 PM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I’m with bdog save your money

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    To me, its not worth it, your arrow will have already passed thru the deer before it has a chance to react to the sound, if you keep your shots to a respectable distance
    That is incorrect, the speed of sound is 1124fps, way way faster than any bow. Like you said though if the shots are from close enough range it doesn't give a lot of reaction time, although it's amazing how fast deer can react.

Cheers

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

No matter how much you try to make a recurve quiet, it'll never be quiet enuff so a deer cant hear it

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    To me, its not worth it, I like to keep my bow as clean and simple as possible, no gadgets, not even my quiver on it, your arrow will have already passed thru the deer before it has a chance to react to the sound, if you keep your shots to a respectable distance
    Even at 20 yards a deer can react to the sound.....

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The little rubber and stickey thingies will ultimately fall off in your bag or at the bottom of your tree stand.