Thread: Some gun violence reading

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Some gun violence reading

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/17/79451...ing-in-toronto

Not trying to dredge something up that had been discussed to no end but this is special. The booshut in this article should be infuriating but it's so wrong on so many points it actually made me chuckle.

One of the point makes mention of the seven hundred and whatever people being shot in Toronto when in reality it was the number of times shootings occurred, most times with nobody being hit. 292 was the final tally....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

NPR..That is "National Propaganda Radio" in the States.

c3e6b6f44d620f4c0bd0aa6bdc3c83d6.jpg
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/01/17/79451...ing-in-toronto

Not trying to dredge something up that had been discussed to no end but this is special. The booshut in this article should be infuriating but it's so wrong on so many points it actually made me chuckle.

One of the point makes mention of the seven hundred and whatever people being shot in Toronto when in reality it was the number of times shootings occurred, most times with nobody being hit. 292 was the final tally....

Those fumb duckers couldn't organize a circle jerk.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

"But the Trudeau government has promised to introduce legislation within the next year for a national ban on military-style assault rifles, complete with a program to buy back those firearms from willing gun owners. And with the combined support in Parliament of the governing Liberals and the left-leaning New Democratic Party, the assault weapons ban legislation likely has the votes needed to pass into law."

The only thing that such a ban is likely to do is create a spike in the sale of these types of firearms, through the illegal firearm market. You would have thought that the wide distribution of illegal handguns, because of the restriction place upon them would have demonstrated the fact that any gun control measures, far from having much of an effect on the distribution of any particular type of firearms, simply creates a boom for the sale of such items, through illegal sources. These type of bans are more about realizing votes, than promoting public safety. Those who use or sell firearms for criminal ends, are not likely to be deterred by such bans. Nor are such bans likely to prevent them from obtaining these guns.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Take guns away from law abiding citizens but let the law breakers have them ? Mmmmmmmm ? Take guns away from law abiding citizens but let the law breakers have them ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? Take guns away from law abiding citizens but let the law breakers have them... ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? OK...let me get this straight. Take guns away from law abiding citizens but let the law breakers have them ………… wtf ?
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Seems the crimes they speak about relate to the handguns. Makes perfect sense to ban the assault rifles lol.

So many twist and lies.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

More news wonder if John Tory will ban the handguns.

Possibly not a buy back who knows

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/01/20/fede...the-near-term/