Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is a Muzzleloading Game-Changer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default This is a Muzzleloading Game-Changer

Not my cup of tee, I like to control my powder load....but for some, the convenience will make it a popular option.

Strongly disagree with this comment in the article...

Loose powder charges measured by volume are not very precise and could lead to inconsistencies in accuracy. For example, not pouring the exact amount — too much or too little— of powder every time you load the rifle.
    https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/a...tQgik.facebook
    Last edited by MikePal; January 20th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I gotta agree with you Mike. Maybe if you were in a competition for bragging rights and your barrel had the exact amount of fouling for each shot. But in reality a grain or 2 either way is still gonna get yer Venison. My .02...........................Daniel
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I dont think this will sell very well, a lot of the states wont allow this type of muzzle loader, same thing that happened to the electronic ignition ML's, they didnt sell... also, those sticks are MSRP $26.99/ 10 sticks, US dollars
    Last edited by bdog; January 20th, 2020 at 06:03 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

On the plus side, the powder charge doesn't stay in the barrel between sits and moisture or over lubrication won't be an issue.on the negative side..... takes a big part of muzzleloading out of it, gun is useless without the "firestick" and I'm not sure how trustworthy I would be of proper plastic forming leaving a clean flash hole.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

More info on the FireStick:

The Firestick is a new technology that uses an encapsulated polymer powder charge filled with clean-burning Hodgdon Triple Eight powder.... Triple Eight (T888) ???

Take a look...$26 US for 10 shots..

https://www.federalpremium.com/muzzleloading/firestick/

Last edited by MikePal; January 20th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    But in reality a grain or 2 either way is still gonna get yer Venison.
    You're right Daniel...a few grains of loose powder here and there are not an issue.....what is wrong with these is that they come preloaded with 100 and 120 gr That is 15 gr more than I use in my hunting load and I know for the bullets I use, they don't fly well with that muchpowder.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very expensive to shoot...ea shot= $7.50 + primer !!

Federal Firesticks = $35 (CND) for qty 10= $3.50 ea
    B.O.R. Locks (270gr) = $45 for x15 = $3 ea

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thank You for posting MikePal-i think for the ones just staring now,or wanting to change things up ,this is an interesting option in the world of muzzle loading.
    Price is bad-but if one is shooting to sight in -practice few shots ,then hunt-is OK.
    I really like the ease of emptying the gun.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

makes me feel like it's a new version of a cooey.

my knee jerk is to hate the new, but i can see it growing on me. especially since I love shooting my buckstalker and the thing that often stops me from taking it coyote hunting is the hassle at the end of the day when i don't shoot anything...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have never used a muzzleloader before and this seems to simplify the process. I’m sure it will attract new users. Interested to see what the gun costs.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast