Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: This is a Muzzleloading Game-Changer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    While somewhat intrigued to play with the new 'NitroFire' it would be better suited to guys who only only gear up on the Sunday afternoon before the hunt and spending $35 for the ammo isn't a big deal.

It sure makes it easier to 'make safe' after the day
    It is not the $35 that makes it a problem, if these powder holders were reloadable then I really think the idea may take off, but a proprietary powder encased in a proprietary holder for single use, it is scary to dump money into a gun like this when you may be SOL in a year or two.

If you are going out to buy this muzzleloader because you just have to have the convenience then I would say you need to invest in the powder holders as well, buy 200 shots worth of the stuff to make sure it has some sort of life span for you.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I would say you need to invest in the powder holders as well, buy 200 shots worth of the stuff to make sure it has some sort of life span for you.
    Oh that's a given...$200 would give you 6 yrs...not a big investment.

If it does not find a viable market, ammo price will drop, invest in a bulk buy..$500.. and you'll have over 20 yrs...
    Last edited by MikePal; February 22nd, 2021 at 09:30 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Oh that's a given...$200 would give you 6 yrs...not a big investment.

If it does not find a viable market, ammo price will drop, invest in a bulk buy..$500.. and you'll have over 20 yrs...
    If it is you or I shooting then we would have to sell our cars, ha ha ha.

Now, if you can make or a company make a reloadable cartridge for this then any BP substitute is viable and makes this a great idea.

The funny thing is that this is an evolution that was seen for BP guns in history, we are just seeing the exact same evolution 150 years later, very neat but I don't see it being commercially viable.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My friend and I both bought one and love them. Really nice to shoot. Accuracy is great,easy to load and unload.
    The agreement between Federal and Traditions is only for the first year, after that the other manufacturers can jump on board. That should help to bring the price down and make the idea more popular.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456