Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is a Muzzleloading Game-Changer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There are some very cool positives on this.

I did read one article that said that these hulls will be reloadable, so you would be able to tailor your load if you wanted. I wonder if the 888 powder does not have to be compressed, it seems like the 100gr and 120gr versions would either have a set of filler wads or there does not need to be compression like any of the other BP substitutes.

You are still loading through the muzzle and you still have to prime afterward, so the time to load compared to pellets or pre-measured loads will not change.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The hulls are not reloadable, one shot deal...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You are still loading through the muzzle and you still have to prime afterward, so the time to load compared to pellets or pre-measured loads will not change.
    I think it would still be significantly faster. Ram a bullet down the barrel until it stops, grab one of these fire sticks out of your pocket that already has the primer taped in, slam it in the breech and you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If your in the market for a new muzzleloader might be worth a look rifle runs from 500 to 700 USD depending on model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    I think it would still be significantly faster. Ram a bullet down the barrel until it stops, grab one of these fire sticks out of your pocket that already has the primer taped in, slam it in the breech and you're good to go.

Not much different than drop 2 pellets, ram a bullet down the barrel until it stops, grab a primer and put it in the breech.

I had pre-measured charges in my pack in some glass vials. I also had an old crosman pellet box with lubed patches and balls ready to go. I was able to shoot and reload in no time with a side lock. I guess I do not see there being too much of a difference with what we had before.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not much different than drop 2 pellets, ram a bullet down the barrel until it stops, grab a primer and put it in the breech.

I had pre-measured charges in my pack in some glass vials. I also had an old crosman pellet box with lubed patches and balls ready to go. I was able to shoot and reload in no time with a side lock. I guess I do not see there being too much of a difference with what we had before.
    Fair enough, I didn't think of it through pre measured charges. I've never had the opportunity to reload and shoot again.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't think of it through pre measured charges. I've never had the opportunity to reload and shoot again.

I got lucky, hit a tree shooting at a doe, reloaded and as my dad was still slowly poking through the bush a fawn came bounding out and bang.

was very quick to load done that way.

A very cool experience.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Wouldn't it make things faster and easier to change muzzle loader season to single shot season.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampsinger View Post
    Wouldn't it make things faster and easier to change muzzle loader season to single shot season.
    No, you still have to load the bullet through the muzzle.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampsinger View Post
    By default it usually is Miss the opportunity with the first shot , it usual is the end of that season Haha..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast