Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2020/2021 Proposals

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
    Bingo!
    No just presenting an honest opinion in an open duscussion. While correcting those who arent aware of how things work.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hello Guys,

You will have noticed that there were no provisions for a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in the proposed changes this time around. I will post what happened last fall that resulted in a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season not being accepted and supported by the respective Provincial Governments during the recent review process last fall.

I would like to thank Delta Waterfowl, the Manitoba Wildlife Federation and the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation for their effort and support for such a season as well as those individuals who submitted a personal letter of support for such a season ... hopefully the next round of discussions in the fall of 2021 will be more productive for us.

However it is my understanding that Alberta was successful in getting a Sandhill Crane season this year and although Ontario did not get a Sandhill Crane season this year both Delta Waterfowl and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters have made their support for such a season known.

I also understand that both Delta Waterfowl and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters had requested that the Mute Swan be removed from the List of Protect Species ... something that I had proposed to the Canadian Wildlife Service back in 2010. Hopefully this proposal will be accepted during the next round of discussions in the fall of 2021.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.
    Last edited by Buddy Boy; March 6th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

If there is legit over abundance, then I would say that a conservation order to establish a set of dates to deal with the problem is the way to go. That would then live outside of the days allotted by the MBTA. I certainly wouldn't want to see days taken away from the existing seasons, but there is a case to be made for hunting 'fresh' birds. Late season geese are fun, but they can be quite smart. Adding opportunities at other times of year is appealing....just saying.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456