Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: One for .270 fans !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default One for .270 fans !

[COLOR=#000000]27 Nosler Cartridge Redefines .270 Performance

by Sporting Classics Daily | Jan 20, 2020 | FIREARMS, RIFLES

[COLOR=#000000]Nosler has taken the venerable .270 rifle caliber to a new level with the introduction of the all-new, 27 Nosler. Conceived as a 21st century upgrade to existing .270 calibers, the 27 Nosler delivers previously unobtainable downrange ballistics by pairing the ultimate combination of case capacity with modern long-for-caliber bullets. The result is an offering from Nosler that redefines performance as radically now as the .270 Winchester did upon its introduction in 1925.

The 27 Nosler case has 42 percent more case capacity than the .270 Winchester, 25 percent more than the .270 WSM and 12.5 percent more than the .270 Weatherby. A faster-than-standard 1-8.5” twist barrel design allows the 27 Nosler to propel Nosler’s factory-loaded 150-grain AccuBond and 165-grain AccuBond Long Range bullets at never-before-seen velocities and distances in 270 caliber.
    Nosler’s complete line of M48 rifles are available chambered in 27 Nosler and for reloaders, fully prepped, Nosler premium cartridge brass in 27 Nosler are available in 25-count boxes.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Nice Jaycee, but the 270 Winchester will never be dethroned. I could only guess the cost of ammo...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Nice Jaycee, but the 270 Winchester will never be dethroned. I could only guess the cost of ammo...
    My guess is that this is geared towards the guys that would buy a .270 Weatherby, ammo cost would most likely be in the same neighborhood.
    Once you have enough brass, reloading then brings down the cost of ammo.

You must admit, the ballistics are impressive, but there will always be the "nay sayers " .

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I bet that sucker provides a wallop on the shoulder.

In hunting situations it won't really matter but I'd be curious on barrel life too.

The newer Nosler chamberings are some pretty smoking loads. Only problem is that you have to chase the deer beyond 300 yards away before shooting it or it will be dressed and quartered upon bullet impact.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

User Info Menu

Impressive yes, but at 42percent more case capacity, that's a lot of extra powder for a few 100 ft,s

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Impressive yes, but at 42percent more case capacity, that's a lot of extra powder for a few 100 ft,s
    There are always those that will go for it!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    I bet that sucker provides a wallop on the shoulder.

In hunting situations it won't really matter but I'd be curious on barrel life too.

The newer Nosler chamberings are some pretty smoking loads. Only problem is that you have to chase the deer beyond 300 yards away before shooting it or it will be dressed and quartered upon bullet impact.

"Wallop on the shoulder " I hunt with a .358 Norma Mag, cust. built on a model 70 Win . action, which I find has less recoil than a few .300 mags that I have shot, Under hunting situations recoil by most is not even recalled, Target shooting off a bench , is another issue.
    Barrel Life , in hunting situations , you will not wear it out!
    As for " it will be dressed and quartered upon bullet impact. " get into reloading, and when loaded with a bullet constructed for those velocities, it will hang together and not cause much meat damage.
    As with any other "hot " calibers, if a properly constructed bullet meant for high velocities is used meat damage is then a none issue, hunters all over the world realize this and use bullets designed for the job.
    Last edited by jaycee; January 21st, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Hmm how fast would it push a 95 grain Varmint pill lol.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    "As for " it will be dressed and quartered upon bullet impact. " get into reloading, and when loaded with a bullet constructed for those velocities, it will hang together and not cause much meat damage.
    As with any other "hot " calibers, if a properly constructed bullet meant for high velocities is used meat damage is then a none issue, hunters all over the world realize this and use bullets designed for the job.
    Recoil will affect people differently, in hunting situations it's not noticed but on the bench it is. This is obviously not a round developed for a max range of 100 yards therefore bench time is important.

What would you recommend as a bullet that is easily obtainable for such loading? I'm aware of the mess my .257 Wby mag makes at 100 yards with an Accubond and the devastation at 150 yards with a Scirocco.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I am sure you get a 100 fps or more FPS gain just switching to copper bullets from a lead cup and core bullets.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; January 21st, 2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast