Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One for .270 fans !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    Recoil will affect people differently, in hunting situations it's not noticed but on the bench it is. This is obviously not a round developed for a max range of 100 yards therefore bench time is important.

What would you recommend as a bullet that is easily obtainable for such loading? I'm aware of the mess my .257 Wby mag makes at 100 yards with an Accubond and the devastation at 150 yards with a Scirocco.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Any of the premium bullet like Barnes, Swift A-Frame, even Nosler.
    Stay away from the regular lead cup&core bullets as these would no doubt act like grenades at those velocities.
    The Accubond and Scirocco bullets are the next step up from lead cup& core bullets.

" therefore bench time is important." most definitely, therefore you have to develop a routine at the bench, take your time , not as I have seen too many times where guys will quickly shoot off 10 or more rounds and then complain about the pounding and a sore shoulder and develop a flinch.
    Last edited by jaycee; January 21st, 2020 at 06:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thank You Jaycee for posting it-interesting development.
    To many choices,not enough need,time and money...........but for the new shooter,this is clearly an option.

Hovewer,this thing will be tricky to shoot at close range for hunting, even with some high end bullets,mentioned above.
    Swift-A frame may shoot thru a deer as a solid bullet and leave a small hole,no blood=potentially resulting a lost animal.
    The Nosler-hmm ,this is my experience:the lead core separated from the copper cup hitting a bear at 60 yards.The 180 gr bullet almost fell completely apart,fired from 30-06.Not truly fastest /hardest caliber.
    Definitely a careful consideration is needed for proper bullet selection vs game vs distance vs where to actually aim ,with the bullet at hand....so to say.

Cheers

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I spent a lot of money to finally realize that alI I need is a .308, .30-06 and 7mm Mag. Sold all other calibers, and don’t care with what they come out with anymore.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Thank You Jaycee for posting it-interesting development.
    To many choices,not enough need,time and money...........but for the new shooter,this is clearly an option.

Hovewer,this thing will be tricky to shoot at close range for hunting, even with some high end bullets,mentioned above.
    Swift-A frame may shoot thru a deer as a solid bullet and leave a small hole,no blood=potentially resulting a lost animal.
    The Nosler-hmm ,this is my experience:the lead core separated from the copper cup hitting a bear at 60 yards.The 180 gr bullet almost fell completely apart,fired from 30-06.Not truly fastest /hardest caliber.
    Definitely a careful consideration is needed for proper bullet selection vs game vs distance vs where to actually aim ,with the bullet at hand....so to say.

Cheers
    May be a Barnes only type cartridge, or just shoot things at long range.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    !!!!!!! the experts opinion Ha Ha
    Last edited by jaycee; January 22nd, 2020 at 01:05 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Why doesn't nosler make cartridges from 17 all the way up to .700

What will this 27 nosler do that a 26 nosler or 28 nosler cant do?

Myself I'd be sticking with .270win, If I want a to step it up, 7mm mag would do it.

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not any faster than a 150g 300wm, they work quite well at close and long range with any premium round..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post

Myself I'd be sticking with .270win, If I want a to step it up, 7mm mag would do it.

For those answers, you will have to ask the Nosler folks, asking them here will get you a Miriad of reasons.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post

A solution for a problem that no one has. Fine tuning of an existing calibre, but for the 100 Fps gain what problems are they introducing.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    A solution for a problem that no one has. Fine tuning of an existing calibre, but for the 100 Fps gain what problems are they introducing.
    At 400 yards, the diff. between a standard .270 and the Nosler is 378 fps. in velocity, to some this may be an advantage especially those that would take that caliber and hunt mountainous areas , where shooting across a valley is the norm in a lot of cases [elk , sheep in B.C. , Alaska, Yukon.]
    This caliber may not be for every .270 fan, but there will always be those that think it would be what they need for their type of hunt.

I would think that the people at Nosler would look at World Wide Hunters that hunt vast open or mountainous areas, not just us here in Ontario with our usually less than 100 yard shots.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast