Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moose Trip

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Question Moose Trip

Hi Everyone
    I'm looking for some advice on applying for my first moose trip currently there will be 7 of us trying to plan and apply. I was thinking of WMU 48 near South River.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated on everything on how to apply and the do's and don't

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I'm looking for some advice on applying for my first moose trip currently there will be 7 of us trying to plan and apply. I was thinking of WMU 48 near South River.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated on everything on how to apply and the do's and don't

Thanks
    Which hunt are going to do,gun hunt in late Oct or the early bow hunt? That matters for tag availability.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We want to do the Gun hunt late October

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Look for a WMU where you can get a tag as guarantied group size .... (Your group size )
    (read the regulation from beginning to the end first... )
    Travel north as needed where you can get a tag with your group ... (Don't limit yourself here south ..)

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    We want to do the Gun hunt late October

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

first you need to get into pool a for a chance to get a tag and that takes 2 years to get to that group. there are few tags for area 48 so no chance to even get a tag there.. you need to apply way north.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    Look for a WMU where you can get a tag as guarantied group size .... (Your group size )
    (read the regulation from beginning to the end first... )
    Travel north as needed where you can get a tag with your group ... (Don't limit yourself here south ..)
    It looks like after this past season,"group apps" will no longer be available for next year when the new system rolls out. Time will tell.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    It looks like after this past season,"group apps" will no longer be available for next year when the new system rolls out. Time will tell.
    You are correct. I have been talking with MNRF at length on another issue. This is the last year for group applications. In 2021, draws will be based on individuals application history, with points assessed for unsuccessful years.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    You are correct. I have been talking with MNRF at length on another issue. This is the last year for group applications. In 2021, draws will be based on individuals application history, with points assessed for unsuccessful years.
    Yes, finally.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Yes, finally.

Be careful what you wish for. This system may not be all its cracked up to be. Time will tell.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot517 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. This system may not be all its cracked up to be. Time will tell.
    Yep still might wait 10 years for tag. If only 36 tags and 1000 people and your at the bottom of the list it could be 27 years before you get one [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; February 1st, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast