Thread: Simcoe whitties jan 21

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Simcoe whitties jan 21

Well it's been a long slow and agonizing process for the lake to form. Headed out this morning to a spot I dont fish very often. Turned out to be a great morning. Got windy as the morning went on but it wasn't horrible. I was fishing a part of the big lake went around last night and checked out 3 possible locations. Was a very hard decision with the better half laughing at me while I was trying to figure out where to go lol.

Punched my only 3 holes of the day at 8 am by 12 I was packed up.
    Landed 3 whitties lost 2 at the hole one I could of landed but was playing with it at the hole while I grabbed my phone for a pic. The other I lost about 5 ft under the ice , also missed about half dozen other good bites . The whitties bite to fast some times lol. Landed a nice size trout didnt get a measurement as I just want to get it back in the water after a fast 2 pics. I didnt even think about the tape as I don't usually bring one but I had it to measure some ice. But the trout was around 32 inches long I went back to a pic I had taken to figure it out .

The ice I found was 3 to 6 inches 3 under the some of the snowy drifts . The 3 holes I punched to fish all had 6 inches but I drilled through a small bare patch snow free ice. Anyway was a great day and I will definitely be back in the area again soon. Heading back our friday to another area, my normal area that I head out from.
    The walk out today was just over 2 km out from shore and had the entire lake to my self [emoji106].

Unfortunately I can't send any pics right now as I have sent my monthly pics . Not sure how must of been all the ice forming pics I sent on tapatalk. But will definitely be sending some update pics in February.

Good luck stay safe and enjoy the rest of the season.

Oh some fresh whitties and stuffed mushrooms are on the menu today. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; January 22nd, 2020 at 04:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT