Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Muzzleloaders Banned?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Muzzleloaders Banned?

I don't hunt with a muzzleloader but I was wondering with the Liberal gun ban and the 20mm clause are muzzleloaders banned or are they not considered firearms? TC

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

No. But could be close on 10,000 joules

Member for Life

User Info Menu

There are some models:

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trky chsr View Post
    I don't hunt with a muzzleloader but I was wondering with the Liberal gun ban and the 20mm clause are muzzleloaders banned or are they not considered firearms? TC
    20mm in almost 79 cal, I know there are some large muzzleloaders, 69 cal, 72 cal, but I do not know of that many 80 cal smoke poles.

The old punt guns and BP shotguns would be banned though, nothing states that they have to be breech loading, so front stuffers would be on the ban list for now at least if the bore, not the muzzle, was over 20mm.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Modern smokeless ML can produce well over 10000 joules

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    I wonder how that would all work though. There has to be some sort of standard that they go with, a 40 cal smokeless muzzle loader can be loaded with a large variation of powder, some safe and some not. Would they be confiscating your muzzle loader and loading it up to the point of failure with a number of different bullet weights to determine the maximum? I highly doubt that.

My expectation is along the same lines as the shotgun SAAMI spec, by looking at factory ammo making 10,000+ joules, since there is no factory ammo I am sure they would default to standards from the industry, which would keep the smokeless muzzle loaders well under 10,000 joules.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't think the Laws are designed to address the handful of long distant shooters who push bullets beyond the 10,000 joules out of their smokeless ML's ...

Now those guy with the 2" cannons sitting at the cottage pointed across the Lake...well they HAVE to be Banned ...you know to keep Canadian's safe. HaHa...

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Your actually trying to say that a "Modern smokeless ML can produces well over 10,000 joules" which is almost twice what a standard joules of a .338 Win Mag?
    Got a reference?
    Last edited by Woodsman; May 12th, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Your actually trying to say that a "Modern smokeless ML can produces well over 10,000 joules" which is almost twice what a standard joules of a .338 Win Mag?
    Got a reference?
    I have three in my basement that will drive a .458 350 grain pill at just shy of 3200 FPS..... so yes I have a reference

My avatar shows a load at 6500 FPE and 10 percent under max load of THAT powder.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have three in my basement that will drive a .458 350 grain pill at just shy of 3200 FPS..... so yes I have a reference

My avatar shows a load at 6500 FPE and 10 percent under max load of THAT powder.
    Welp,I guess you're SOL,too,then. Jeez,what a massive flustercuck this thing turned out to be.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast