Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Quinte Fly pattern

  1. #1
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default Quinte Fly pattern

    I was speaking to a associate named Paul at the Oshawa SAIL store today. He mentioned a particular fly pattern that he used for walleye and that he had success with. It was called the Quinte Fly. Said it was a local pattern from a fly shop that no longer exists. My question is does anyone know what the pattern looks like or have one or even a picture of one? He mentioned that he used to have a cottage on Pigeon Lake, which I currently do so it's my usual summer lake and summer target, and he said he even had a lot of success with it there as well. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines.

  2. # ADS

  3. #2
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu


    I have never heard of that particular fly. My guess would be, its a color variation of a bead head woolly bugger or clouser. The woolly bugger is the equivalent of a marabou jig and the clouser a bucktail jig. These would be the two best flies for fishing lower in the water column for warm water species. The fly in the red back ground is a woolly bugger, it is my variation, which I refer to as a "yardbird bugger" because its tied with feathers from barred plymouth rock rooster. The names of flies can be as storied as the anglers who use them.
    IMG_2040 (2).jpgwanupclouser.JPG
    Last edited by swampsinger; January 24th, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

  4. #3
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu


    I would venture to guess it's some sort of perch or leech pattern...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts