Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95

Thread: Firearms Training : Letter from MP Cheryl Gallant

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Firearms Training : Letter from MP Cheryl Gallant

    Nicely crafted letter from the MP for Pembroke/ Renfrew / Nipissing who has worked tirelessly for Gun Owners for many years.

    From her FB page.

    Cheryl Gallant
    January 30 at 3:08 PM

    Even after decades of carrying a firearm Gun Confiscation Minister Bill Blair admitted he has not undergone the training on the rules for Firearms.

    I am pleased to advise that certified instructors have offered their services at no cost towards a Possession Acquisition Licence course for MPs on Parliament Hill for their convenience.

    Furthermore, I gave the Speaker of the House a letter at the opening of Parliament this year requesting him to arrange for a room through the Sergeant at Arms is in which the training could be held.

    I hope the former Toronto Chief of Police, now Gun Confiscation Minister will encourage the Speaker to make haste so he too, can learn the law before striking a new one.
    Open Letter:


  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    At no cost? Oh sure tax payers on the hook again. No problem we got lots to give.....sarcasm off

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    At no cost? Oh sure tax payers on the hook again. No problem we got lots to give.....sarcasm off

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    The instructor is donating his time to train MPs, nothing to the tax payer.

  5. #4
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    MP Gallant believes that her fellow Parliamentarians are so ill informed that they are confusing American gun laws with our own. I have more faith in our elected members of Parliament. Minister Bill Blair handled guns during his initial training at the Aylmer Police College,Ontario.
    He also had to re qualify year after year on his old colt revolver and then his glock semi auto. As a previous drug sqaud member he in all probability also undertook the shotgun training. I know he was trained also at the FBI academy at Quantico in Stafford County, Virginia.I am
    sure he did not pass up on an opportunity to play with the guns down there.

  6. #5
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Same story over and over again.
    Does not matter what they want to make rules and laws for.
    The people that have no idea about things are the ones that make the rules for the ones that do.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    MP Gallant believes that her fellow Parliamentarians are so ill informed that they are confusing American gun laws with our own. I have more faith in our elected members of Parliament. Minister Bill Blair handled guns during his initial training at the Aylmer Police College,Ontario.
    He also had to re qualify year after year on his old colt revolver and then his glock semi auto. As a previous drug sqaud member he in all probability also undertook the shotgun training. I know he was trained also at the FBI academy at Quantico in Stafford County, Virginia.I am
    sure he did not pass up on an opportunity to play with the guns down there.
    The number of high ranking RCMP and other police that have no idea that a Canadian citizen can own a handgun is insane, so no, I do not believe that MPs have any clue what Canadian gun laws actually are.

    I am sure that you are aware that LEOs do not require a PAL or an RPAL.

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    MP Gallant believes that her fellow Parliamentarians are so ill informed that they are confusing American gun laws with our own. I have more faith in our elected members of Parliament. Minister Bill Blair handled guns during his initial training at the Aylmer Police College,Ontario.
    He also had to re qualify year after year on his old colt revolver and then his glock semi auto. As a previous drug sqaud member he in all probability also undertook the shotgun training. I know he was trained also at the FBI academy at Quantico in Stafford County, Virginia.I am
    sure he did not pass up on an opportunity to play with the guns down there.
    And yet.... he still has no clue !!!

  9. #8
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The number of high ranking RCMP and other police that have no idea that a Canadian citizen can own a handgun is insane, so no, I do not believe that MPs have any clue what Canadian gun laws actually are.

    I am sure that you are aware that LEOs do not require a PAL or an RPAL.
    You should not be voting in these Conservative MP,s if you believe they have no clue about Canadian gun laws.I am very aware that LEO,s do not require a PAL or an RPAL but that does not mean that they do not possess these licenses,I know scores of LEO,s that are both hunters and some target shooters.

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    And yet.... he still has no clue !!!
    In your humble opinion.....

  11. #10
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Nicely crafted letter from the MP for Pembroke/ Renfrew / Nipissing who has worked tirelessly for Gun Owners for many years.

    From her FB page.



    Open Letter:


    I would do a little research on this MP and what she say,s especially as you are a retired armed forces.

    https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...misfires-again

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •