Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Howa and Tikka T3

  1. #1
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default Howa and Tikka T3

    Looking at getting a new rifle. Was set on a tikka T3 then started looking at a Howa. Anyone have any experience with a Howa.

    Looking at a 6.5 cm

    Originally was looking at a kimber but tougher to get in canada and costly.

    The model of Howa that I was looking at is the Howa Kuiu in the 6.5

    Thanks for any experiences or input in advance

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hi New hunter
    Why you are looking for a new rifle and " Why " in 6.5 "cm"..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot517 View Post
    Looking at getting a new rifle. Was set on a tikka T3 then started looking at a Howa. Anyone have any experience with a Howa.

    Looking at a 6.5 cm

    Originally was looking at a kimber but tougher to get in canada and costly.

    The model of Howa that I was looking at is the Howa Kuiu in the 6.5

    Thanks for any experiences or input in advance

  4. #3
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You probably can't go wrong with either. I've never handled a Howa but they are fairly well reviewed. See if you can handle both in a gun shop and decide based on which one fits you better.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

  5. #4
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    You probably can't go wrong with either. I've never handled a Howa but they are fairly well reviewed. See if you can handle both in a gun shop and decide based on which one fits you better.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Yes that is what I want to do. Have held the tikka that I would like and i would have no regrets with it but the howa intrigues me and cant seem to locate one to get my hands on.

    Have held the kimber and it is also beautiful. Just curious about peoples experiences with Howa. U can read what you want on a google search. But curious if anyone has one and what there experience is.

  6. #5
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Al Simmons Gun Shop
    4.2
    (115) Gun shop
    Hamilton, ON
    Open ⋅ Closes 5 p.m. +1 877-454-0416

    Select Shooting Supplies
    4.8
    (78) Gun shop
    Cambridge, ON
    Open ⋅ Closes 5 p.m. (519) 219-4867

    Triggers and Bows
    4.2
    (119) Gun shop
    Burford, ON
    Closes soon ⋅ 4 p.m. (519)

    The above are Howa Dealers listed on google.

  7. #6
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    Hi New hunter
    Why you are looking for a new rifle and " Why " in 6.5 "cm"..?
    Looking at the 6.5 creedmore because I would like to have a long range flat shooting gun with extremely little recoil. The 6.5 will accomplish this. Yes a 7mm wsm or 270 wsm will shooter a bit flatter and pack more punch but looking for a light gun that when shooting will be easy on me and other family members who will utilize it. Looking to shoot out to 400 yrds and feel this is the calibre that will do what i need. Looking to take this gun west hunting.

  8. #7
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    270 Winchester is flat shooting light recoil , more popular, around for long time ...
    Not expensive ammo , in light gun like Tikka easy to carry ...
    To shoot on 400 yards on range ... or on the hunt ... is different
    I like to keep my shooting on hunts at 200 yard .... For the reason ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot517 View Post
    Looking at the 6.5 creedmore because I would like to have a long range flat shooting gun with extremely little recoil. The 6.5 will accomplish this. Yes a 7mm wsm or 270 wsm will shooter a bit flatter and pack more punch but looking for a light gun that when shooting will be easy on me and other family members who will utilize it. Looking to shoot out to 400 yrds and feel this is the calibre that will do what i need. Looking to take this gun west hunting.
    Last edited by alfoldivandor; February 8th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

  9. #8
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    270 Winchester is flat shooting light recoil , more popular, around for long time ...
    Not expensive ammo , in light gun like Tikka ...
    To shoot on 400 yards on range ... or on the hunt ... is different
    I like to keep my shooting on hunts at 200 yard .... For the reason ...
    270 has been around for ever. Doesn't make it the best choice. Change is inevitable and if you really dig into the 6.5 ballistics might make rethink it.

    Other than wolves or coyotes I have never shot at big game over 100 yards. Never had a need to. Very aware of how different shooting on a range vs hunting is. Not new to this. May surprise you what one of the most popular calibers out west is right now. Not the 270, all tho it is a great calibre.

    When I mentioned west I meant west (ie west of ontario plains country flat, the expectation of shooting distance.) So in anticipation of drawing a tag there this year I am going with what I feel is the best equipment for me.

    Just trying to search out what peoples experiences have been with the Howa.

  10. #9
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Wish I was more help but I too have not had a chance to get hands on with a Howa. I am certainly intrigued by giving a Howa a shot though, no pun intended.

    Good choice on caliber by the way.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  11. #10
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot517 View Post
    270 has been around for ever. Doesn't make it the best choice. Change is inevitable and if you really dig into the 6.5 ballistics might make rethink it.

    Other than wolves or coyotes I have never shot at big game over 100 yards. Never had a need to. Very aware of how different shooting on a range vs hunting is. Not new to this. May surprise you what one of the most popular calibers out west is right now. Not the 270, all tho it is a great calibre.

    When I mentioned west I meant west (ie west of ontario plains country flat, the expectation of shooting distance.) So in anticipation of drawing a tag there this year I am going with what I feel is the best equipment for me.

    Just trying to search out what peoples experiences have been with the Howa.
    The 270 has been around forever and is still ever so popular because of how good it works. They are very popular in the west, don't kid yourself. You say you want to shoot 400yds yet you've never shot at game past 100yds. 400yds is not always as easy as some think.
    Last edited by canadaman30; February 8th, 2020 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •