Thread: East side of Lake Simcoe - help

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default East side of Lake Simcoe - help

Heading to east side of lake simcoe on Friday. Can anyone suggest some easy ice access, parking (donít mind paying) and a place to get minnows anywhere from Jackson Point to Beaverton? I realize this is a large area but any info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time. Dan

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

Dan there a few forums dedicated to lake simcoe which should help better. google lake simcoe forums and they will show up, lots of places for bait, not sure about the parking over on that side,. do know from reading that they had been doing well anywhere from Port Bolster over to the Beaverton area.

tight lines and good luck

Leads by example

User Info Menu

What are you fishing for?
    Dw for bait in Jackson's point I usually fish for whitefish out of there. The perch you gotta hunt for them was good then they moved on maybe they are back. . You can park right where bonnie boats was still.

Sibalds point 12.25 a day both pay at both change or Visa.
    It has the potential for both whitefish and perch within walking distance. The perch were not around there last year and have had a few reports that its slow again for the perch. Lots of huts in whittie areas tho.
    Virginia beach parking on Haden rd 3 hour parking bylaw. If your off by noon you will most likely not get a ticket. Some days you can go all day without a ticket .
    Or believe 10 bucks to park besides the restaurant. Not sure if the sell minnows on the ice or not . But the smoke shop and cannabis shop is there aswell in case your into that. Perch and pike location also parking on the ice

Port bolster Casey's have minnows parking I think 10 bucks day there. Also he has a taxi service for a fair price . Perch only if walking far out to whitties and Lakers.

Beaverton I dont fish often there is hut in the lot that sells bait not sure if it only open during the week but will meet you there if you call ahead. Maybe the other operators have bait. But lots of parking far walk to perch .

Do you have a machine?? Or are you walking

Perch or whitties?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks Big Mac and fishfood for the information. I guess I left out some information. I am targeting perch and I do not have a machine. Needs to be within walking distance. Really appreciate the feedback though. Will look into some of your suggestions.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

It's going to be hard say for the perch I haven't been yet. Even I would have a hard time deciding where to go.

Its going to be a tough bite tomorrow this cold front will probably shut them down. Willow beach can be productive some days. Buddy got a few last Saturday on the cold front. It's not that far of a walk from there. Dont waste your time on dead water keep moving till you find them. [emoji106]

The other places have long walks I dont walk far for perch. 1 km ain't bad for perch lol.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Walked out from Port Bolster today. Moved around a couple of times. Was the slooowest day of fishing I’ve ever had. Between three of us we got zero fish and maybe about five little bites. Don’t know if they were tight lipped or we never found them. All in all still a good day. No regrets. Still better than a good day at work. Anyone else fishing simcoe have any luck today?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dveldman View Post
    Walked out from Port Bolster today. Moved around a couple of times. Was the slooowest day of fishing Iíve ever had. Between three of us we got zero fish and maybe about five little bites. Donít know if they were tight lipped or we never found them. All in all still a good day. No regrets. Still better than a good day at work. Anyone else fishing simcoe have any luck today?
    Bort bolster is more of an early ice bite and again a last ice. . Unless you have a machine to get you out this time of the year.

You should of tried the place I suggested lol. . It might not have been fire but should of produced something.

It's been a tough go for the perch the past few years. Last guy I talked to said the same thing about lack of fish in port 2 weeks ago.

Better luck next time
    I was out on cooks a few days ago only got 5 fish was looking for grounds for the tournament tomorrow. Oh yeah cant wait [emoji106]. Going to be a blast like always fish or no fish.[emoji476]

Good luck to all in it tomorrow someone will be walking away with a brand new atv or 10 grand lol.

Last year big fish had over 2 grand in the pool split 3 ways 50, 30 ,and 20 percent.

We are going to need some better fish than I found to make anything happen. Only one true jumbo lol.