View Poll Results: Tapatalk Alternative?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

4 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about a Tapatalk alternative?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default How do you feel about a Tapatalk alternative?

How is Tapatalk working for you folks? Grooming the Forum, it seems like there has been some issues for its users. What are the issues you've experienced, and are you open to talking about a possible alternative?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It works. I have had a few glitches with the PM feature and sometimes you will see the same thread header showing several times. None of it is earth shattering by any means. I think the worst was when I had a long winded PM disappear when I hit send.

For the most part Tapatalk is pretty convenient. Picture uploads are easy aside from posting sideways at times. It is nice to be able to view the "New thread" or "unread" sections as it is time saving.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I use it, As oaknut said makes posting pics easy, no hosting site required. I use the unread or new thread section as well, dont have to check every subforum.

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I must be really “old school”, cause I don’t have a clue what that is even!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I'm with genec. Not a clue what tapatalk is...................????????????????/
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    I'm with genec. Not a clue what tapatalk is...................????????????????/
    Its an app that let's you access a forum or a number of forums from a cell phone or tablet. It makes it much easier to navigate a forum designed for PC users.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    It works. I have had a few glitches with the PM feature and sometimes you will see the same thread header showing several times. None of it is earth shattering by any means. I think the worst was when I had a long winded PM disappear when I hit send.

For the most part Tapatalk is pretty convenient. Picture uploads are easy aside from posting sideways at times. It is nice to be able to view the "New thread" or "unread" sections as it is time saving.

I've had the same happen, but in my case the message was not actually gone, although it did disappear. If I hit backspace a few times, it would bring the message back. It's like it disappears after a certain number of characters are typed, but I could recover the message and shorten it. A glitch I guess.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I don't use Tapatalk and I visit the forum from my phone all the time - I don't have any issues with the forum from my phone. Maybe Tapatalk made a difference in the past? I remember when I had a BB, checking the forum from my phone was very frustrating.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

When I walk away from my PC, I'm done with the WWW. Don't need it on my phone.
    TS

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    I've had the same happen, but in my case the message was not actually gone, although it did disappear. If I hit backspace a few times, it would bring the message back. It's like it disappears after a certain number of characters are typed, but I could recover the message and shorten it. A glitch I guess.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Thank you, never thought of it and that's probably the glitch. Keep it short and sweet.

TroutSlayer, I have not picked up my PC in weeks and prefer it as such. And I sit in my blind and see what luck or misfortune others are having.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast