Thread: Another nice hunting camp.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm surprised they don't promote the fishing in the area. You'd have a camp for 3 of the 4 seasons.
    Not well advertised as it's in some of the best grouse hunting you' ll find anywhere.
    Last edited by sawbill; February 17th, 2020 at 12:15 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing this looks like a great property and opportunity for someone.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Tempting I could afford it, but the wife wouldn't want to. Maybe I could trade the wife, get a younger model.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Beautiful camp and a very nice area for anything outdoors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Beautiful area to be in for sure.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We may be looking at some cash soon definitely on the fence wife, daughter and I would love a nice quite place like that to get away to

Thanks for sharing

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Wow. What a great spot. Only 5 hours away too. Very tempting ( if I didn't buy a new pickup that is ).

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I think that the lack of moose tags is partially responsible for the availability of many of these camps. It is indeed a nice place, but there was no mention of a water source, even for washing. Beaver ponds are not suitable in most cases, so that is a huge drawback. No fishing mentioned in the beaver ponds and I am guessing that the ponds would have been shown if they were anything significant. So you are travelling to do anything aside from seasonal hunting or perhaps berry picking as alluded to. Just my $.02, but I think most wives or kids could get bored quickly with such limited options.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

That's in my neck of the woods. The location pinged is wrong, this would be in 42. Close to Nipissing. So moose.. you're looking at calves only. Grouse hunting isn't what it used to be. And you'd likely have to tow the boat to the west arm to fish /swim.
    Would be hot as hell in the summer with no hydro, on granite rock and away from water. Nice place though. Diamond in the rough for someone who snowmobiles/ice fishes and likes to hunt ducks.
    Last edited by Northhunter; March 22nd, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast