Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me hunting gloves

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Thin Under Armour hunting gloves and a good Muff hand warmer. Keep my hands in the muff while sitting/hunting....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I am all over the place with gloves.

This time of the year I still like to use mid weight fleece finger-less or full finger gloves and I can keep my hands in my pockets with a pocket warmer. As it gets colder I pull out my hand muff with a pocket warmer as that allows me to keep using thinner gloves. As I get into the late season I put that idiot string through my arms of my jacket and attach them to my Browning Goretex gloves so that way I do not drop them out of the stand (been there done that). When it gets really cold or I am going for a long sit I use a pair of Brekka down mitts and I attach the idiot string to them as well.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Thin Under Armour hunting gloves and a good Muff hand warmer. Keep my hands in the muff while sitting/hunting....
    This.

I have tried a lot of expensive gloves/mitts but nothing beats thin gloves and a hand muff. I usually toss in 4 disposable hand warmers and inside the muff gets crazy hot.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-wanShinobi View Post
    This.

I have tried a lot of expensive gloves/mitts but nothing beats thin gloves and a hand muff. I usually toss in 4 disposable hand warmers and inside the muff gets crazy hot.
    ^ Ditto.....I use cotton gloves inside of big shepra lined leather ski-doo mitts...

I hadn't thought of the old 'string thur the sleeves' idea from 41000...I must try that with a piece of Para Cord. Just have to be careful coming out of the tree stand not to hang myself. Haha..
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    ^ Ditto.....I use cotton gloves inside of big shepra lined leather ski-doo mitts...

I hadn't thought of the old 'string thur the sleeves' idea from 41000...I must try that with a piece of Para Cord. Just have to be careful coming out of the tree stand not to hang myself. Haha..
    I cannot tell you how many times I have been in a ladder stand or worse in my climber stand and I take one of my gloves off to grab something out of my pocket or bag and when I am done I cannot find my missing glove.......after 5 min I look down and see it lying on the ground 20' below me.............SH&**&^^%T

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123