Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Goose Season

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Late Goose Season

Around here, the Geese have performed a vanishing act, none to be seen at all, after driving around , the only ones I saw were a few at the golf course in town naturally. Those that were there only flew to a park within the city where they fed on ??greengrass.
    Looks like slim pickins this week.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yup same here. Found about 100 geese in a cut corn field but its town limits so cant hunt them. Pretty sure they are roosting in the river in town as well so pretty much no hunt for me.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Yup same here. Found about 100 geese in a cut corn field but its town limits so cant hunt them. Pretty sure they are roosting in the river in town as well so pretty much no hunt for me.

For some reason or another, people tend to frown upon hunting geese in town, yet they complain about all the droppings in the parks and golf courses.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    For some reason or another, people tend to frown upon hunting geese in town, yet they complain about all the droppings in the parks and golf courses.
    People would rather wring their hands and moan about the problem rather than actually dealing with the problem at hand. Anyone I hear complaining about the droppings in the parks and golf courses, I usually say "If you think the land is bad, how terrible would the water be to drink that they swim in?" Most people turn a shade of green (or two) after that. I usually follow up with "it isn't nice to say but wildlife populations need to be controlled for many reasons."
    Last edited by Dythbringer; February 25th, 2020 at 09:52 AM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I realize this is an old post but.. can I get some help understanding Southern district goose season. Am I correct in assuming because my municipality allows Sunday gun hunting there is no 'spring' season. I have massive flocks all around me and can't help but how many meals there are out there. I understand adding days to the regular season where there is no Sunday gun hunting. I don't understand the additional season based on that though. Making me think I may not understand the regs.
    Any help is appreciated.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cb750 View Post
    I realize this is an old post but.. can I get some help understanding Southern district goose season. Am I correct in assuming because my municipality allows Sunday gun hunting there is no 'spring' season. I have massive flocks all around me and can't help but how many meals there are out there. I understand adding days to the regular season where there is no Sunday gun hunting. I don't understand the additional season based on that though. Making me think I may not understand the regs.
    Any help is appreciated.
    You are right, if your area had Sunday hunting, no late season for you.... Your area used up all the hunting days already.... I guess there are only so many hunting days for Migratory Birds listed..........and if you have Sunday hunting, you reached your total hunting days already....
    The area we can do late season (no hunting Sundays) area seems to shrink yearly. I wish they would change it up (add more days) but that would involve work not something our Federal Government does well.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No Sunday hunting here so we have a late season. Always so much snow we havnt had a bird here in over a month.

If anyone has a spot and looking for another shooter give me a shout, I can bring 8+doz decoys, 5+ laydown blinds, Aframe blind, quad, 4x4 truck, lunch, dinner, a retriever Lol

(Trying to not sound too desperate) haha

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I figured the extra days in January made up for the Sundays. I agree it needs to be changed. Sorry to do this to you songdog but we have only a little snow in Middlesex County and geese everywhere..

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cb750 View Post
    I figured the extra days in January made up for the Sundays. I agree it needs to be changed. Sorry to do this to you songdog but we have only a little snow in Middlesex County and geese everywhere..
    hehe exactly, there are pockets where there are birds kicking around and around the corner it looks as if they have all gone south forever!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

BUMP

has anyone had a chance to get out?

i got out with a couple buddies this morning. we managed to connect on three and could have had a few more. flocks were a good size and there were quite a few ducks too! perfect weather for the late season hunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast