Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213
Results 121 to 128 of 128

Thread: Moose Management changes 2020/2021

  1. #121
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The new points system changes nothing. In a WMU where there were few tags and high hunter numbers with no guaranteed group size, you will have the majority of hunters with the same amount of points. So in turn your odds of drawing a tag will not change unless the quota gets a significant increase. But if these hunters want to move to a northern unit they will probably receive a tag because there point total will be much higher than the groups that have been hunting further away. This was my biggest beef with the new system, your points should only count in the WMU of which you were applying in the past. I wrote several letters to the BGMAC when they were looking for hunter input, unfortunately, whatever was in the BGMAC recomendation did not change. How many of you agree with the new 3km instead of 5km distance? For a group of 10 that's almost dangerous, but its good for the CO's as they never think game is taken legally. To me the old system worked perfectly fine, I know it was tough in a lot of WMUs but as I said points will not change any ones chance of success. I could go on but I digress.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #122
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt64 View Post
    The new points system changes nothing. In a WMU where there were few tags and high hunter numbers with no guaranteed group size, you will have the majority of hunters with the same amount of points. So in turn your odds of drawing a tag will not change unless the quota gets a significant increase. But if these hunters want to move to a northern unit they will probably receive a tag because there point total will be much higher than the groups that have been hunting further away. This was my biggest beef with the new system, your points should only count in the WMU of which you were applying in the past. I wrote several letters to the BGMAC when they were looking for hunter input, unfortunately, whatever was in the BGMAC recomendation did not change. How many of you agree with the new 3km instead of 5km distance? For a group of 10 that's almost dangerous, but its good for the CO's as they never think game is taken legally. To me the old system worked perfectly fine, I know it was tough in a lot of WMUs but as I said points will not change any ones chance of success. I could go on but I digress.
    The groups system will no longer exist after this season. Therefore,for the 2021 season and beyond,each hunter will apply to the draw individually. The "3km" rule has been left unchanged still at "5kms" for exactly the reason you cited.
    ....and then he told his cult followers to inject Lysol and stick a UV light up their butt.......

  4. #123
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I know nothing changes this year, I am commenting on the changes coming in 2021

  5. #124
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt64 View Post
    I know nothing changes this year, I am commenting on the changes coming in 2021
    I fully agree with your thoughts on this. The majority of the complaints with the old system was from areas where few tags are issued. That isnt going to change. Nobody will have enough points to be at the guaranteed point level in these units, so they will be left with the random draw.

    Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

  6. #125
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt64 View Post
    I know nothing changes this year, I am commenting on the changes coming in 2021
    As Trimmer posted, there will be no change in group member distances in 2021. They have backed away from that proposed change....

  7. #126
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmichel View Post
    I fully agree with your thoughts on this. The majority of the complaints with the old system was from areas where few tags are issued. That isnt going to change. Nobody will have enough points to be at the guaranteed point level in these units, so they will be left with the random draw.

    Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    I prefer a random draw than just the big groups getting tags. At least I have a chance. And an equal chance at that. I realize a lot don't want it to be fair for everyone as they had the advantage before, but really its hard to disagree with fair.

  8. #127
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    I prefer a random draw than just the big groups getting tags. At least I have a chance. And an equal chance at that. I realize a lot don't want it to be fair for everyone as they had the advantage before, but really its hard to disagree with fair.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said.The entire system was broken and something had to be done.
    ....and then he told his cult followers to inject Lysol and stick a UV light up their butt.......

  9. #128
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    I prefer a random draw than just the big groups getting tags. At least I have a chance. And an equal chance at that. I realize a lot don't want it to be fair for everyone as they had the advantage before, but really its hard to disagree with fair.
    Exactly, we’ll said.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •