Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Awful Ice Fishing Season

  1. #1
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default Awful Ice Fishing Season

    Once again we had an awful ice fishing season on Lake St Clair and Rondeau Bay. It was shaping up to be a great season in the fall but winter weather went north for us here in the banana belt.
    Managed a 3 day trip to Simcoe but that was it for me. Put the gear away today hoping for a better winter next year
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    Once again we had an awful ice fishing season on Lake St Clair and Rondeau Bay. It was shaping up to be a great season in the fall but winter weather went north for us here in the banana belt.
    Managed a 3 day trip to Simcoe but that was it for me. Put the gear away today hoping for a better winter next year
    I didn’t even get my ice fishing stuff out of the garage....crappy year for sure...spent my time coyote hunting.

  4. #3
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Enough ice around here but it's less than what we usually have for this time of the year. Did good with lakers today. Must suck for sure to park it so early.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  5. #4
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    We're pretty close to full auger here albeit not an inch of good clear ice. 28" of white ice with a good foot of slush on top. One thing I have noticed is a lot more large air holes this year.

    On the bright side ice out should happen fast, that soft ice will go fast.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  6. #5
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Still another month or better of ice .
    Here on simcoe will have ice on the whittie closer . Then the perch fishing should be good for at least another week after that. I cant see April ice on simcoe for sure even if it does get cold in a few weeks. Then it's to head north for some April whitties [emoji106].

    You should take 1 more simcoe trip the best is yet to come. The yellow belly's should be on fire in 3 weeks

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishfood; March 1st, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

  7. #6
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I wanted to get out one more time but from what I've been reading I think ill wait till next year.
    6 hours not even a bite and not much around us. maybe 5 fish from the other huts

  8. #7
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GERRYL View Post
    I wanted to get out one more time but from what I've been reading I think ill wait till next year.
    6 hours not even a bite and not much around us. maybe 5 fish from the other huts
    Was this on simcoe?.

    Perch fishing?

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Got out between Christmas & New Years and heading back up north next week.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  10. #9
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    yes was on simcoe-cooks bay for perch-seems to be hit or miss most days
    had fish finder-didn't mark anything
    Last edited by GERRYL; March 2nd, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

  11. #10
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GERRYL View Post
    yes was on simcoe-cooks bay for perch-seems to be hit or miss most days
    had fish finder-didn't mark anything
    Yeah that sucks it's been a trend for 2 seasons now .
    My dad came down today we are going to see how the perch are in the morning. Then head for whitties after a few hours of perching.

    My buddy rented a 6 man hut on Sunday on the east side they got 2 perch . Definitely a hit an miss with the jumbos.

    Best is yet to come still going to be looking for that 2 pound wall hanger [emoji106][emoji1787] till last ice .

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •