Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Turkey Hunt Mentor

Apprentice

User Info Menu

If you are an OFAH member, you have their liability insurance, and Simcoe County will allow you to hunt in their county forests.
    LOTS of acres of county forests there - go on County website for maps.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Internet scouting isn't the way to go. All of southern Ontario is plausible. Got to get out and find birds. They won't show up on the internet.....well not until they're shot. From Newmarket trek west along 9 or loop around Lake simcoe and scan the fields for birds. cruise the back roads at sunrise and listen for gobbles, Stop and talk to local utility workers and ask them if they've seem birds. Chat with farmers for intel. Once you find birds start nailing down permission for access. You'll hear a lot of no's especially first 2 weeks of the season however a lot does open up later so doesn't hurt following up later.
    Thank you, I have actually spent all day today driving/scouting... No luck yet, but I hear what you are saying.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

My friends have a YouTube channel called "the real outdoor experience". Thank you for the tip, Jeff. I have gone through their series, realized that just box call won't be enough got a few more locator calls for scouting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12