Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Toronto Sportsmenís Show

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Sounds like she came back just at the right time. [emoji106]

But seriously how many will self isolation who really knows what they do. Many dont follow all the rules. Many will just carry on their daily lives after caring the infection.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    sad, but your right. Way too many people are all about themselves even if it means passing a potentially fatal disease to people. That is one thing China has over us in a free country. They just lock you up and force you to be contained.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    That is one thing China has over us in a free country. They just lock you up and force you to be contained.
    It wouldn't be the worst thing to do lol. It would actually work word wide if everyone on earth did it. Keep the people in that keeps the power going an so be it. What would really happen if we shut down the world and left the power going. That's why they make the big bucks. Everyone else can be with their family for 3 weeks. if you have important role in the hydro lucky you you can stick together as work buddies lol. The doctors they they keep together. The police and fire stations they all have important roles and again they can live in their stations.

Would it really be that bad ???

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    The police and fire stations they all have important roles and again they can live in their stations.

Would it really be that bad ???

If things were to get bad, don't count on police and fire services, or any other service for that matter. They'd all be home with their families, or sick themselves.
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    If things were to get bad, don't count on police and fire services, or any other service for that matter. They'd all be home with their families, or sick themselves.
    Be at home with thier family [emoji1787][emoji106]

They all have important roles all the house fires will fend for themselves?. What about keeping people in doors the police are going to have to patrol. Some working hydro staff and some other companies to keep the phones all in check.
    Still going to need ambulances running.

Everything else can wait ,some wont have a choice but to work and keep things running. Cant expect our military to handle everything they are already working with the military all over the world and Canada.
    The Government is already putting out over 20 million in covid 19 research .
    World economy is supposed loose out a few trillion dollars.
    The longer it goes the more we will loose. May as well just shut down the world in the end they will loose less.. healthcare is going to need a ton of funding to handle this .
    China built a hospital in 8 days . In the gta they will take up residents in all the community centers and schools . Where else are they going to put the sick?. Toronto and the gta is capable of losing a few thousand people in a short time. At a worse case scenario.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I would love to go this year, I asked the wife if she would go with me, she said no, so don't know, may have to go myself!!!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I think the wife and I will avoid the crowds this year. Just playing it safe as we age.

TS

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TroutSlayer View Post
    I think the wife and I will avoid the crowds this year. Just playing it safe as we age.
    That's just plain old common sense! which these days seems to by pass a lot of people.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Think I will just do what I have been doing , all winter. Go to the bush and cut wood, and feed the squirrel. Don't like going south of hwy 9. Think I may be a hermit. old243

Member for Life

User Info Menu

With all of the cancellations of large events, I’m surprised this show is still going. I was listening to CBC and they are not allowing press in the dressing rooms for many sports. There is some talk of not allowing fans in to watch sporting events. Looking at what is happening in Italy, you can see just how quickly this can become a huge problem.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

It sucks we have a trip planned to the great wolf lodge in may . Hopefully it's still a go I have a feeling it maybe canceled by then. Deposits were paid just before holidays when this never existed lol.

As for the sportsman show it's still possible it would be a go.

However the latest confirmed case came from community spread from a convention in Toronto. 25 thousand attended a sudbury man got Ill.