Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renfrew Gun and hunting Show this weekend.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Default Renfrew Gun and hunting Show this weekend.

Anyone of my Eastern Ontario OOD folks going? Maybe tee up a breakfast or coffee?

Saturday March 7 0800-1600, Sunday March 8 0900-1400
    Renfrew Armouries Building

115 Veterans Memorial Blvd
    Renfrew, Ontario, K7V 2R5

http://www.valleysportsmanshow.com/r...show_TradeShow
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My buddy and I are thinking about coming up, it's a long drive from here so not sure if we will have time. Have to be back for before noon. I'll let you know Fri eve.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Excellent.

Let me know Mike.

Pretty sure there's a couple coming up, Richmond, and Lanark...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Haven't decided yet, might go up Saturday.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    Let me know Mike.
    I forgot to let you know last night, actually forgot it was Fri eve....didn't realize it was Sat morn until I turned on the TV and my News wasn't on...HaHa..

We decide not to go this year. Long drive and we both had to be back by noon.

Definitely going to the Richmond show Apr 4th !!!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I forgot to let you know last night, actually forgot it was Fri eve....didn't realize it was Sat morn until I turned on the TV and my News wasn't on...HaHa..

We decide not to go this year. Long drive and we both had to be back by noon.

Definitely going to the Richmond show Apr 4th !!!
    See you at the Richmond show.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    See you at the Richmond show.
    Did you go to the show..was it well attended ??

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Did you go to the show..was it well attended ??
    Went on Sat am.

Was fairly busy but not packed. Pretty much the usual vendors, and wares. A couple of good deals to be had if you were looking. Of course the number of whacked prices were there too.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I noticed a large drop in attendance at most of the guns shows last year. That Renfrew show used to be lined up outside and packed 'cheek by jowl' inside.

The fall Carp show was dismal, more vendors than shoppers on Sun Aft. I'm wondering if they are soon to become a thing of the past as the Older guys sell off their collections. There were a couple tables last year where wives were trying to sell off Hubby's estate.

It's a lot of older collectors as most shows, which in the short term is great for some good deals for the buyers, but not sustainable in the long term.

That and not near as many hunters in general, means smaller crowds.
    Last edited by MikePal; March 9th, 2020 at 08:22 AM.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I noticed a large drop in attendance at most of the guns shows last year. That Renfrew show used to be lined up outside and packed 'cheek by jowl' inside.

The fall Carp show was dismal, more vendors than shoppers on Sun Aft. I'm wondering if they are soon to become a thing of the past as the Older guys sell off their collections. There were a couple tables last year where wives were trying to sell off Hubby's estate.

It's a lot of older collectors as most shows, which in the short term is great for some good deals for the buyers, but not sustainable in the long term.

That and not near as many hunters in general, means smaller crowds.
    I think one of the biggest factors is that there are lots of guns, but in some of the conditions, the prices asked are fairly steep. I saw a few "decent" buys, but in reality, I can find similar online with any number of vendors.

For example, there were a ton of sporterized Mausers ( Parker Hale, Husquvarna, etc) in some decent caliber offerings like 6.5x55, .270Win, and 30-06, but every table was asking over $500 per, where Trade-ex has a ton of them, for less.

That Hunting Store had a decent sized offering, and they actually had some pretty smoking good deals ( no tax), but they were the exception.

I also recall going to the show in Orangeville on a regular basis. There was one particular vendor who had some nice SxS on display. I asked if I could see one of them ( nice straight stocked, 20gauge), and the older guy basically told me if I couldn't afford it, I couldn't handle it.....( price was around $1700). In no uncertain terms I instructed him to perform an act which was likely physically impossible, as I could afford it, but sure as heck wasn't going to put a deposit down just to handle a nice shotgun. He'll likely pass on in the next decade or so, and I'll buy it off his widow for a fraction of what he was asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast